[Just saw this online:]
Romney was technically correct in his statement that 47% pay no income tax. He was strategically incorrect by saying that he’s “not concerned about them.” What he should have said is something like this: “Unlike the President, who appears to be SO UNCONCERNED with 47% of our population that he wants to keep them dependent on the other 53% who pay income tax, I want to offer that 47% the kind of helping hand they are actually crying for, but to which the President remains deaf: they are crying to be self-reliant! They are asking for their dignity back by means of productive work in the private sector where they are beholden to no one but themselves and the markets they serve! Our President said that he wants to “transform America.” I want to transform AMERICANS: from dependent to independent. From VICTIM to VICTOR.”
[Just wondering if that would have been a more politic way of phrasing the same truth.]
You, me and the rest of the choir, here, get that message. We’d truly like to see those that are dependent become transformed from “victim” to victor. The sad reality is that a many - not all - of these “victims” have no desire or interest, in getting their dignity back if it means having to actually work for a living.