I’m not “clinging” to the 17th Amendment, I’m just pointing out that it’s politically impossible now, and politically impossible forever, to repeal it.
Here’s a helpful list of everything proposed to help a Republican win the Presidency in 2016 that is impossible, a waste of time, and so stupid because of the impossibility of accomplishing them, it actually is an embarassment to the Right:
1) Trying to get the Electoral College to change their votes
2) Trying to get states like California to change to picking electors by Congressional District.
3) Trying to repeal the 17th Amendment (though amusingly there are people on this thread that somehow it could somehow simply be overturned by the Supreme Court, which is even dumber.)
4) Trying to get “millions” of non-existent Republicans that didn’t vote in 2012 because Romney was a RINO to turn out in 2016.
And here’s a helpful list of things that might actually work:
1) Persuading about 2 million people that voted for Obama in 2012 to vote for the Republican candidate in 2016.
I agree with all your points except the last one. It’s over, we are past the point of no return. Why? Am I a quitter? No.
The communist plan since the 30’s was to take over first our educational system, and slowly brainwash generations of dumbed-down idiots who have a Marxist/atheist world view. Then take over the media to keep them totally brainwashed and away from all truth.
While we slept and had fun, totally blind to what they were doing - they took over.
Now we are being overwhelmed by the third generation of brainwashed kids now getting old enough to vote. From this point, there numbers will only increase. The gov. schools are pumping them out by the millions. As Rush said on Nov. 7th, “We’re outnumbered and losing ground.” From this point, we are simply outnumbered, and their advantage will only increase.
It’s likely that only a total collapse of our system and perhaps our nation will get us back to where there can be a reset.
I wish I were wrong, but no one has yet shown me a plan to overcome this situation. No one. And even if we did have a plan, it would take generations. We don’t have that time.