I take offense to point one... minority outreach. If the author means.. give free stuff to folks who already receive mountains of free stuff.. No way. It may take time, but the best strategy is to stay the conservative course, prepare for the worst. Again, it took European socialism several generations to fail.. same here. I am tired of folks saying the only way conservatism wins is to become liberal. /rant... no offense intended to the author, but enough already.
7 reasons not to be.
5. Lame stream media.
7. 50% takers
I’m optimistic about our future in the same way that one might have been optimistic in late 1860. We’re not shooting at each other - yet. Better days are ahead - eventually. The big issue is the transition from where we are to that potential bright future. I expect things to get very ugly over the next decade or two.
I’m not at all optimistic about the future of America, but am wistful about her past. I had the great honor of serving in the military during the entire Reagan Administration.
What a wonderfully prosperous and hopeful era that was... Good God, we had a great run!
Pray for the health of the conservatives (and Judas traitor Roberts) on the Supreme Court.
I dissagree with the premise. Conservatives are “usually” more optimistic about our country and politics. We traditionally believe in the good and noble American spirit and its people to wake up and do the right thing in elections and in the pursuit of happiness.
That has changed now as the majoriy of Americans take from the minority of providers.
I am proud of our heritage but have little confidence in our future as a nation. I believe we have reached a point of no return.
The US has the potential to be energy independent, but will be energy starved during the next four years. Billions will be wasted on worthless windmills and biofuel boondoggles while the EPA engages on a jihad against coal fired power plants that currently supply about half of our electric power. I look for rolling blackouts, electric rates to become almost unaffordable and gasoline to soon approach $5 per gallon.
The US will be less safe with terrorists, embolden by Obama's weakness and willingness to appease, conducting frequent attacks on US cities. Look for homicide bombings at shopping malls, terror attacks on schools and even atrocities at hospitals. We will be lucky if a US city isn't attacked with a nuclear dirty bomb or even a nuclear weapon in the next four years.
Obama will also erode US sovereignty with UN treaties. Look for Obama to give control of the Internet to the UN, sign a UN arms treaty that will virtually wipe out much of the Second Amendment and UN judges and tribunals will virtually replace our judiciary.
Lastly, I do not trust Obama. He has trashed the Constitution before with barely a whimper from the GOP. His handling of Benghazi was downright criminal and with an honest press he would be hounded out of office, but again he gets away with it. I could easily see Obama use some crisis as an excuse to seize permanent power and rule by decree. Hitler did this in 1933 with the trumped up Reichstag fire and history is full of similar example of dictators seizing power in this way.
It has, indeed, been a wake-up call for the GOP. Republicans have come to the hard understanding that they MUST bow and scrape to the ruling Democrats if they are to have a continuing, if subservient and despised, place underneath the table of privilege, where they might still partake of the careless droppings of the Rulers.
1. This should be a wake-up call for the Republican Party? Why not place a wake-up call for Larry Hagman? Surely youll receive a faster response.
2. Technology and resource acquisition may advance faster than we anticipate. And when it does Obama will take the credit for it. Hes safe now so no problem throwing the Greenies under the bus. Besides he is gonna need all the new revenue streams to support his massively growing public sector.
3. We’re in a stronger position than many people realize? Only because no matter how badly Obama effs things up, the Euros will always be ten times worse. And the Saudis and ChiComs are soiling their britches at the thought of being dragged thru the streets by their own people if they no longer have viable customers. So everyone has incentive to keep the shell game going.
4”Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities.” It took the USSR seven decades to conclude things were unworkable. We have far more wealth to expropriate and shuffle around to plug holes in the Socialist dikes. This could be a wait of several lifetimes.
5. There’s no other nation ready to take our place as a Super Power. Which is exactly how George Soros and the Global Government New World Order crowd like it.
6. We’ve been through bad times before and we’re still here. Mass greed, ignorance and stupidity on the current scale are utterly uncharted waters.
7. The wheels of history turn awfully slowly. Meaning that Obama and his Beltway Wonks can look forward to many, many years of full employment managing the decline.
Only someone using hallucinogenics could find any reason to be "optimistic" in light of the January coronation of the new "lord & savior" of the masses...