Skip to comments.A Reagan Forum with Newt and Callista Gingrich
Posted on 12/02/2012 9:19:14 AM PST by Toaster tank
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012, former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich spoke to a sold-out crowd at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, calling the so-called fiscal cliff a fantasy being used as an excuse to panic. Speaker Gingrich went on to discuss House Republicans, telling them to not form a Surrender Caucus by stating, They are the majority. They are not the minority.
Newt is a conservative treasure.
Newt is great. But, if he keeps briging Cuuhhhlliiisssstuuhhh around with him.....
Right... Because now that he’s happily and lawfully married, in the eyes of Man and The Church, we can’t have his whiny detractors, who haven’t done 1% of what he has for the country, lose one of their biggest “weapons” against him.
So she should just stay home and we can all pretend that they’re still just a couple of fornicating sinners that don’t pass the “conservative” purity test.
Not really. Just don’t like her horning in when it’s Newt we want to hear from, not her.
Newt has to lose Calista. Its like Paul McCartney with the talent-less Linda or John Lennon with the talent-less Yoko.
He is completely blind to her impact on his possibility of EVER getting back to where he really means something.
You keep right on believing that if you want to. His former constituents, for sure of which I am one, are still struggling with what he did at a crucial time in our history. Mentioning her very other word and deferring to what she wants sure as hell isn’t on my radar. He will go nowhere with her in tow.
The speech is ALL NEWT - no Calista.
Now having said that Calista is doing some great stuff too. Her children’s books are beginning to address the problem of leftist indoctrination of our young.
Why don’t you celebrate the fact that Newt is finally happily married to a smart lady who shares his beliefs & wants to help the cause rather than bitch about her.
What are YOU doing?
“Newt is great. But, if he keeps bringing Cuuhhhlliiisssstuuhhh around with him.....”
I’m with you on this.......a constant irritating reminder of the unfortunate past....
Exactly, all she has to do is stay home, keep buying jewlery and STFU.
Yep just one of the things that has always dogged Newt.He remians 80/20. 80% of the time he is the most brilliant conservative in the room and the other 20% you just want to hide and pretend he didn’t say or do that.
Don't worry,I am sure there is a least one more future liaison in Mr Newt's moral compass
Truth is I hate saying anything negative about Newt at all.He is a brilliant guy, no matter what the topic.But, if it comes to a choice between him and Marco wouldn’t be much of a choice for me.I’ll be for Marco.
All the years I had him as my Congressman, and all the years I’ve followed him, despite his horrible history of personal relationships and how he deals and feels about them, I can’t help but wonder if......
If he’d had to work at some menial job that didn’t require his brain, but rather his back. If he had to make his living through his back instead of his brain. If he’d ever served in the military and seen and experienced the sometimes obedience to authority it often requires. If....
He should moderate his academic ‘what if’ thought process that poses a myriad of hypothetical problems and temper them with real-American experience. But he doesn’t have that. His whole life has either been totally academic, or removed from conventional American experience of the common man.
Blast me if you want, but he is flawed - quite a lot.
I was just thinking: Didn’t we hear all the same stupid “Fiscal Cliff” rhetoric from the panic-stricken crybabies in DC just before they crammed the $700 billion “stimulus” down our throats in 2009? I call “LIE!” (We’ve been falling off the cliff for the last five years or so, NOT heading for it.)
I mean you don't fire the whole campaing staff and you don't take a cruise in the middle of a campaign. You have to get serious more than 80% of the time if you want to win.
Will wager a hell of lot more than you.
WD: Newt has to lose Calista. Its like Paul McCartney with the talent-less Linda or John Lennon with the talent-less Yoko.
RG: Just dont like her horning in when its Newt we want to hear from, not her.
Or Ann Romney when it was Willard we wanted to hear from...
Newt is great. But, if he keeps briging Cuuhhhlliiisssstuuhhh around with him.
They came through here during the primaries. She always came across to me as an obnoxious ice princess. In person she is quite charming and charismatic. I encountered David Duke in person once too. He is exactly the opposite, as he appeared compelling and likeable on television, but in person is more like a shark with zero personality at all beyond self interested predator.
Media can be so misleading.
I didn’t want to hear from either of them to be honest. I know they will dabble in future elections and muddy those waters though.