I agree but I think money IS influence. For the most part. Who would listen to an old Soros if he was broke?
1) There is no free lunch
2) Being a US citizen has responsibilities
3) Higher taxes will likely bring in less revenue
4) The multiplier effect in government spending is negative
5) Organized labor and minimum wage laws increase unemployment
6) Subsidized businesses are often corrupt and always inefficient
7) Private property is the key to liberty and economic vibrance
8) Increasing progressive taxes and regulation hurts social mobility
9) The US is not in a closed system, global competition will force us to work harder and be more innovative to just maintain our quality of living
10) Inflation is destructive
11) Demand is limitless, but supply is scarce
12) Negative interest bonds make no sense
13) Real trickle up economics happens when individuals are productive, creative, and prudent
14) If you manage your money well, you will get more
I've never worked for a poor man or one who has been taxed or regulated out of existence.