Skip to comments.
State Department creates time-travel themed video game
| BYRON TAU
Posted on 12/13/2012 11:24:40 AM PST by ColdOne
The Obama administration on Wednesday announced the launch of a new video game designed to teach foreign students about American life, language and culture.
"Students explore American culture through puzzles, activities, and adventures in an interactive world," the State Department announced in a release.
"Through the game, students take a virtual journey through the United States, traveling to locations,
(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...
posted on 12/13/2012 11:24:43 AM PST
Because we don’t have a spending problem!
posted on 12/13/2012 11:28:39 AM PST
by Uncle Miltie
(Cloward-Piven is a two way street. Move your capital out of the U.S. Let the economy burn.)
If Zero’s people made it, you can bet that it’s one lie after another... a la how Islam had a long and storied history in the USA.
posted on 12/13/2012 11:33:39 AM PST
(Better dead than red!)
To: Uncle Miltie
It would all depend on what is being taught in the video game. If it’s historically accurate and is generally positive, I’m ok with it.
It’s better to assimilate foreigners than not to, by any means possible.
posted on 12/13/2012 11:37:13 AM PST
(What Islam and secularism have in common is that they are both death cults.)
“”Through the game, students take a virtual journey through the United States, traveling to locations”
Does that mean ALL 57 STATES?
Probably trains foreign players which cities welcome illegal aliens and gives them driver’s licenses, where the best places are to get free health care, and so forth.
Also trains them how to vote twice without registering. Also, how to collect social security and food stamps without ever working.
posted on 12/13/2012 11:39:03 AM PST
Game Title: European White Guilt Trip Through Time. Paid for by “rich”, white European taxpayers.
posted on 12/13/2012 11:40:28 AM PST
(No need to watch the movie "Idiocracy". We're living it.)
To: Uncle Miltie
Ddoes the virtual welcome packet include an application for government assistance? Just curious.
Hoo boy, this will end well. I can see the time periods now:
1. Indians living in peace and harmony.
2. Evil white men show up, with slaves.
3. Desolation begins as white men destroy nature, Indians, and barter system via industrialization and capitalism.
4. The south rebels because of slavery.
5. The social justice President Lincoln frees the slaves and orders lots of white men to kill each other via the draft.
6. Lincoln is martyred.
7. Woodrow Wilson creates the Fed for social and economic justice and continues the draft to keep things fair.
8. Teddy busts the monopolies for social and economic justice.
9. FDR, rightful king of this land, enacts social and economic reform and continues the draft to keep things fair.
10. Vietnam begins and it's bad because we shouldn't fight communism. Also, the draft, a SOCIALIST idea, is suddenly bad.
11. We pull out of Vietnam because of social courage on the part of draft dodgers and commies.
12. Carter tries to save us during the oil crisis, but evil capitalists stop him.
13. Reagan enters office and everything is ruined for 8 years, 12 if you count Bush's term.
14. Clinton enters office and everything is GREAT until 1994. Economy improves a lot and it has NOTHING to do with the dot-com boom.
15. Dubya steals his first election. Also, we're attacked, but we deserved it for our arrogance.
16. Dubya steals his second election and destroys the economy.
17. Savior Obama arrives, but the nasty, mean capitalists keep fighting him. This level is 30 hours long.
18. Present day.
posted on 12/13/2012 11:48:22 AM PST
(An Unreconstructed Georgian, Forever in Rebellion.)
Perhaps the game could investigate whatever happened to the tenth amendment?
posted on 12/13/2012 12:28:25 PM PST
( (It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged. --G.K. Chesterton))
I’m seeing Dave Chappelle’s ‘Time Traveling Playa Haters’ in my cartoon bubble.
Honkey Cracker gets shot 5 times.
posted on 12/13/2012 12:39:12 PM PST
(Looting the future to bribe the present)
"In order to get home, he must complete a challenging mission to change the future for the better
So he's time traveling to try to stop Obamacare? By the year 2045 life expectancy has dropped to 35 years and you can only get health care if you are on a Congressman's personal approval list (and getting on that list isn't cheap).
posted on 12/13/2012 12:43:45 PM PST
(Big Bird is a brood parasite: laid in our nest 43 years ago and we are still feeding him.)
Next thing you know they’re going to have the military training against actors dressed like “zombies” ... oh ... wait ... :(
posted on 12/13/2012 1:41:59 PM PST
by The Duke
“There is no waste in government. We can’t find any place to cut spending. Pay your taxes and move along.” - 0bama Zombie Spokeshole
posted on 12/13/2012 2:27:17 PM PST
(Who is John Galt?)
"It would all depend on what is being taught in the video game. If its historically accurate and is generally positive,..."
We know it won't be. Just a question of how negative it will be.
Impeach the kenyan or secession.
posted on 12/13/2012 2:37:20 PM PST
(We've tried the Soap Box,the Ballot Box and the Jury Box; ONE BOX LEFT!)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson