Skip to comments.Rupert Murdoch, Fox News Owner, Calls for Automatic Weapons Ban
Posted on 12/15/2012 3:29:02 PM PST by VitacoreVision
click here to read article
I’ve been a NRA member for most of my life and here are a few of my observations. After which I will get flamed.
1. As an owner of many firearms, I would give them all up if I thought they would save the lives of these precious kindergarteners.( I do not think this would happen)
2. This horrific, demonic, evil killing is an extension of liberals wantonly killing over 50 million babies via abortion.
3. Our country is a post Christian country that wanats nothing to do with God’s laws. Evil always attacks the innocent children 1st.
4. There are some aspects of the gun culture that I believe need to be curbed. People obsessed with AR type rifles and extended magazines should carefully check their motives to make sure they are there to protect the truly innocent.
5. This is the 5th or so senseless slaying of innocents in the past few years, Something is seriously amiss in American Culture.
6. People with any degree of aggressive mental health problems should be prevented from owning firearms (I know this would not have helped the present situation)
7. Because of our nihilistic culture and our dismissal of God from our public life, It is necessary to put metal detectors and armed policeman in our public schools.
8. having said all of this I do stand by my moniker. All competent Americans have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. With it comes tremendous responsibility. Anything we say in the days ahead should be prefaced with concern and prayers for the 20 some innocent children that had their lives snuffed out by a deranged, probably video-gamed brainwashed moral cretin who should have been institutionalized at the 1st hint of homicidal behavior.
I have a carpenter’s hatchet which I believe would have killed just as many as the handguns. It has a wide but fairly thin blade and a hammer on the other side.
It strikes me as a particularly deadly weapon if it were used as that. I also have a double edged full size axe. It would probably be even more efficient.
Erich Maria Remarque in his book “All Quiet on the Western Front” describes how the Germans would sharpen the edge of their entrenching shovels and use them in close quarters battle. He said they worked far better than bayonets.
The point is there will always be enough weapons to commit atrocities. In fact British Constable Colin Greenwood who was a fellow at Cambridge, besides being a British cop, says there will always be enough guns to supply the criminal element even on and island like Great Britain.
He also points out that in Victorian Britain, weapons were freely available to all citizens including machine guns cannons etc. The only thing which required any effort was it was necessary to get a stamp at the post office to purchase a handgun. He said the stamp was issued as routine.
At that time the number of armed robberies in all of Great Britain per year could be counted on the fingers of one hand.
Maybe his bodyguards use muzzle loaders.
Re post 56, it seems to me that the banning of semi-automatic handguns and rifles and magazines that hold more than 10 rounds (you had mentioned this on another thread) and making it a felony to own or possess any of these products, would have an interesting side effect.
What if a person is caught with a forbidden product and is tried and convicted and declared a felon. Wouldn’t the authorities be obliged to go take this person’s firearms? What if they attempted this and he or she chooses to blast away? There is no way the MSM could cover that one up. Can you just imagine the reaction in the gun community? Do the authorities want to stir up that kind of hornet’s nest?
They had better think before they act.
Again lets ban the 1st amendment sooooooooooo all these anti gun people can’t express their thoughts or the news... also again another foreigner trying to tell us how to run our country...
Yeah, I think a lot of them DO want to stir up the hornet’s nest, you bet. Then they will have all the excuse they need to totally smash the “bitter clingers” once and for all.
It might play out like this:
What I saw at the coup
Some of the hate radio hosts began to fan the flames with crazy rumors that really weren’t so crazy, not to us. When they were taken off the air through a variety of means (but mainly for violating the “fomenting domestic terrorism” laws), the right wing nut jobs went absolutely mad with fury. The accusations about a secret purge continued. The plan was being laid out for all to see, even while it was being officially denied at every level, and was never reported on at all by our cooperating media networks and other friendly outlets.
And then the shooting started.
Rupert, it’s about NUT control, NOT gun control.
That is exactly where I find myself right now.
Good for you. I don’t have a TV and have not hadthe”pleasure” of watching Fox but I have read Freeper comments and concluded that it is a two-faced network.
Sorry for the jumbling of words above. The space bar just quit working and I cannot go back and correct words.
No problem... TV isn’t worth the effort. There are a few decent documentaries etc but the networks and most cable channels are just plain evil.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.