Skip to comments.After Newtown shooting, it’s time to have that ‘national conversation on guns’ (Codrea)
Posted on 12/15/2012 6:18:01 PM PST by Red in Blue PA
To anyone who may be persuaded that a national conversation on guns and violence in society is needed, rather than automatically accepting the assumptions of those who think it ought to begin with calling for more citizen disarmament edicts, answer one question first:
If you saw someone methodically murdering children and you could get your hands on a gun, would you use it to stop him?
Yes or no? Theres no time for equivocation. Every second you hesitate, another innocent is being slaughtered.
If you answered no, youre an irredeemable coward, unfit for the company of free men and women, and deserving of the slavery you accept and would impose on your betters. We will hold no conversation with despicable domestic enemy wretches the likes of you. Go away, leave us alone, or bring it on. We will not disarm.
If you answered yes, then ask yourself since when its in anyones interests to bare his throat to someone who would slash it? And just as being armed, trained, prepared and willing can discourage an individual aggressor, do they also not, as Thomas Paine observed, keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property? Would not horrid mischief
ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them?
(Excerpt) Read more at examiner.com ...
It’s time for SCOTUS to get off its @$$ and “decide” that the Second Amendment is an individual right guaranteed to EVERY AMERICAN and that it doesn’t have anything to do with hunting or the National Guard. Enough beating around the bush.
The left is not interested in a National Conversation on guns - any more than they were interested in a national conversation on healthcare.
They’re going to disarm us.
Anything short of that will be shouted down as evil extremism.
Off topic Codrea article. Worth your time. Ping.
BTTT. Codrea gets it.
Good thing I lost all my guns in a boating accident, aint’ it? *WINK*
My rights are not theirs to take.
They are not the source of my rights, and I will not yield my rights to them.
I will defend my rights.
The thing that always strikes me about that drawing is the fundamental truth. Ignore the “good people” and “bad people” labels. What is left?
Armed equals alive.
Disarmed equals dead.
Then they should prepare to die.
It all comes down to “Do you bare your throat to Obama”, and use’em or lose’em time.
If we are going to talk about guns anyway, let’s also talk about ARMED ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS that sneak across our porous border that Janet Napolitano refuses to seal off. Are we just supposed to be sitting ducks for those criminals?? Maybe some liberal can explain THAT to me?
No, they’re not even going to try. But they’ll pander to their dumbed down leech base and then blame “evil Republicans” for failing.
I bet I know how John Roberts will vote...
It’s high time to put a halt to gun-crazed Hollywood. The majority of television shows, movies, and video games are violent.
If you're willing to make that unequivocal statement in a place such as this, then it's a foregone conclusion that, should that moment come, you will willingly surrender your arms and beg for mercy from your oppressors.
Good luck to you. I choose differently.
Time for a conversation on mental health system is more appropriate.
Ive been a NRA member for most of my life and here are a few of my observations. After which I will get flamed.
1. As an owner of many firearms, I would give them all up if I thought they would save the lives of these precious kindergarteners.( I do not think this would happen)
2. This horrific, demonic, evil killing is an extension of liberals wantonly killing over 50 million babies via abortion.
3. Our country is a post Christian country that wants nothing to do with Gods laws. Evil always attacks the innocent children 1st.
4. There are some aspects of the gun culture that I believe need to be curbed. People obsessed with AR type rifles and extended magazines should carefully check their motives to make sure they are there to protect the truly innocent.
5. This is the 5th or so senseless slaying of innocents in the past few years, Something is seriously amiss in American Culture.
6. People with any degree of aggressive mental health problems should be prevented from owning firearms (I know this would not have helped the present situation)
7. Because of our nihilistic culture and our dismissal of God from our public life, It is necessary to put metal detectors and armed policeman in our public schools.
8. having said all of this I do stand by my moniker. All competent Americans have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. With it comes tremendous responsibility. Anything we say in the days ahead should be prefaced with concern and prayers for the 20 some innocent children that had their lives snuffed out by a deranged, probably video-gamed brainwashed moral cretin who should have been institutionalized at the 1st hint of homicidal behavior.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.