The psychiatric drugs known to be used by so many of these shooters..could lead one to believe that that agitated states that engendered their actions might bear closer examination.
we as a people are over medicated with 100 million people on some manner of psychiatric drugs.
This jackwagon sure does have a weird definition of “hero”. Heroes are those who have fought, bled and died for freedom and liberty not those who go whining to the politicians demanding that freedom and liberty be taken away from the people because they can’t be trusted with freedom and liberty. Yes, Helen may be a jackwagon but I don’t think “yellow” makes her sad. She’s seems perfectly fine with it.
Rational thought is a foreign concept to them.
So, after making this very interesting statement? No data given. Great writing, Helen.
Big Pharma Is The Major Advocate Of Gun Control
"With no guns in the hands of people then when our drugs screw up their minds they won't be able to do as much harm and our sales won't suffer," explained an Big Pharm spokesman.
Obtained from an Internet source..
At least fourteen recent school shootings were committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs
1. Huntsville, Alabama February 5, 2012: [shooter was] taking the antidepressant Zoloft and other drugs for the conditions.
2. Kauhajoki, Finland September 23, 2008: [shooter] was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.
3. Dekalb, Illinois February 14, 2008: [shooter] had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien.
4. Jokela, Finland November 7, 2007: [shooter] had been taking antidepressants
5. Cleveland, Ohio October 10, 2007: [shooter] had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone.
6. Red Lake, Minnesota March 2005: [shooter was] on Prozac
7. Greenbush, New York February 2004: [shooter] had been taking medication for depression.
8. Wahluke, Washington April 10, 2001: [no shooting, used rifle to take hostages at school] had been taking the antidepressant Effexor.
9. El Cajon, California March 22, 2001: [the shooter was] on the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor
10. Williamsport, Pennsylvania March 7, 2001: [the shooter] was taking the antidepressant Prozac
11. Conyers, Georgia May 20, 1999: [the shooter] was being treated with the stimulant Ritalin
12. Columbine, Colorado April 20, 1999: [the shooters'] medical records remain sealed.
13. Notus, Idaho April 16, 1999: [the shooter] was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin.
14. Springfield, Oregon May 21, 1998: [the shooter] had been taking the antidepressant Prozac.
If you set aside garden variety mayhem, we’ve had maybe a half dozen mass killing events in 2012 by people with mental issues. That’s 6 shooters a year. Chicago generally has far more than that during a typical weekend.
Most of the garden variety shooters already have criminal histories. I can go to Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, etc. and tell a young criminal his chances of being shot or shooting others is pretty damned high, but the 6 or so mental cases generally have no criminal history to predict their actions.
I can think of many ways to reduce overall gun violence (and it ain’t gun control), but I can’t think of any reasonable or effective way to predict and prevent 6 mental cases out of a pool of likely millions from these evil and heinous acts.
I have heard the same thing about child abductions.
The number has not risen over the decades, it’s just that news coverage is so extensive that it seems like it has risen.
Or can we just say one at a time doesn't count?
I hope this changes millions of minds on abortion. NO ONE has a right to kill a living human being.
Looking at the list of school shootings on Wikipedia, I noticed that in the 80’s a school shooting involved more than one death, and a gun had to be involved. In the 2000’s, though, a single-death gun suicide, a three-death murder suicide by bow and arrow, a stabbing, and some “no casualty” shootings are added in. This inflates the numbers a bit!
According to experts on the subject, The U. S. is not a violent nation compared to others.
The leftists, progressives, and liberals who demand banning and confiscation of weapons in the USA, are silent about, and just voted for more of, the monthly lobbing of missiles from the Palestinian quarters around Israel.