I hope that they say:
1. “Assault weapons” were not used.
2. “huge clips” were certainly not a factor - he had all the time he needed to reload.
3. “laws to keep from mentally ill” would not have helped here.
4. “more checks needed” to purchase would have had no effect.
5. “training requirements” would have been useless.
All in all, I want to see them produce a very well supported white paper stating that we need to end “gun free zones” - that virtually all “mass killings” occur in those stupid spots. That if teachers and school workers were encouraged to carry, that is the best shot. Also, that they support posting guards, as is true in Israel.
Israelis are baffled that we don’t.
I agree with Huckabee and Kudlow that the true solution also involves turning back to God and somehow curbing violent video games, and mental health care discussions, but those ought to be outside the realm of the white paper of the NRA.
The NRA had an excellent ad when Pat Purdy shot up the Stockton school yard. Unfortunately logic was overcome by an MSM inspired panic.