The first rule of Fight Club: You DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
Seriously, I am beyond trying to explain to neighbors, relatives and friends about my concerns about potential hyperinflation from government spending, war with China, or what-have you.
What they should know:
1. I have nothing of interest to you in my house, around my house, or stored somewhere else in a safe area. I don’t have a loud generator that the whole block can hear.
2. I look like I can defend myself, but they are not sure exactly what my methods would be or what tools I can use.
3. They have no idea where I would go if “Shit Hits the Fan”.
4. I am a friendly, caring person, and a good neighbor, but I am not a pushover that you can just borrow stuff from.
5. You might know my phone number, but maybe I have another one you don’t know about.
6. I decided to leave FaceBook because I’m a little bit eccentric. I don’t do the Twitter.
7. When SHTF topics come up I have little to say and talk about (non-survivalist) gardening.
As the youngsters used to say, or maybe they still do: