Skip to comments.Turning Republican Lemons into Tea Party Lemonade
Posted on 12/22/2012 7:36:51 AM PST by wgflyer
Republicans in the House have demonstrated no imagination on a daily basis. And general punditry seems to be lacking also thereof. One pundit I heard yesterday, who I have always rather mistrusted, is a self confessed former liberal who backed McCain in 08 and Romney in 12, in the primaries! He now sides with Boehner, suggesting that we were all fools to oppose the Pelosi proposal co-opted by Boehner and known fondly by him as Plan B
Our pundits woe is that now B.O. will let us go over the fiscal cliff (a bipartisan liberal act of cowardice) and then propose his own tax relief plan as a practical measure to save the little man from oppressive taxes caused by the fiscal cliff. B.O.d get credit for saving us and GOP would get blame for trying to hurt us.
So, what else is new?
But this causes Republicans great fear. Especially the ones known as RINO. Apparently, it is beyond their comprehension that, with a little imagination (currently a monopoly on the Democrat side), this could be great fun and I suggest we could look forward to it with anticipation.
If this is about tax relief, fixing the economy and getting more from these nasty rich people that the left and, increasingly, established Republicans like to talk about, lets get that bill, as presented by B.O., and hand it directly over to the few true Tea Party oriented members of House and Senate for adjustment. And let DeMint in on it as well.
Given the current approval rate of the federal government, and the current programmed hatred of those falling under the nebulous term the rich, here are some riders to the bill that could be wonderfully fun to push and very difficult for big government to wriggle out of in these currently stressful economic times. Even these low information voters would like them.
1. Social Security and Medicare Recovery Act: The cadillac pension and benefits funds of all former and current elected federal office holders shall be immediately added to the social security and medicare funds, from which all future benefits for current, former and future elected federal officials shall be derived.
2. Elected Federal Office Holder Corruption Abatement Tax. All elected federal office holders shall, before the public at large, state their net worth at the beginning and end of each and any period of time they held office.
The initial total, for each and any period of service, shall be subtracted from the final total for that period of service and the difference, if greater than zero, divided into two equal parts. The office holder may keep one of the two equal parts. The other equal part shall be submitted to the IRS.
The funds thus received by the IRS shall be divided by 4, with equal parts going to Social Security, Medicare, Welfare and Food Stamps.
3. Federal Elected Office Holder Alternative Minimum Tax. Income tax shall apply to elected federal office holders at the base rate, according to their bracket, with no deductions other than the personal exemption for themselves and for their dependents. Repeal of this tax shall be tied to repeal of all AMT legislation.
4. Hard Economic Times Middle Class Tax Payer Relief Act. The personal exemption allowed for citizen taxpayers, and dependents, exclusive of elected federal office holders, shall be tripled. Elected federal office holders personal and dependent deductions shall remain unchanged.
5. Middle Class Pension Relief and No Reward for bad investment Act: All positive capital gains shall be taxed at a rate of 5 percent, upon conversion to cash currency, only, by the holder of the instrument from which the gain was derived. Interim gains on funds not cashed in during the year by the holder, or gains transferred to new funds, shall not be taxable. Negative capital gains shall not be deductible from taxes.
6. The Taxable Magic Income Act. Services available to Federal Elected Office holders and not to the citizen tax payer shall be imputed as real income and taxable as real income. Repeal of this imputed income shall be tied to repeal of all imputed income affecting the citizen tax payer.
7. Economic Recovery Act. All aforementioned taxes on elected federal office holders shall be adjusted downwards, or upwards, based on an index, charting real improvements in the direction of a healthier economy, consisting of the national debt, inflation, unemployment rates, welfare and food stamp rolls.
Furthermore, lots of little riders could be added, such as:
Until further notice, the congressional cafeteria shall serve the same lunch foisted upon elementary school kids across the nation, and nothing more. Sack lunches brought into the cafeteria shall be searched for nutritional flaws before being allowed to be eaten.
How could the federal politburo defend itself against these proposals? Tea Party oriented office holders are not in Washington to get rich, so just think how much fun they could have with this over a little pizza and beer.
Maybe someone in Washington will see this, grow a pair and do some good for a change. Watching our corrupt elected officials defend themselves against a dedicated Tea Party assault of this nature would be highly entertaining.
So, that means it’d be kind of a “Tea Party Arnold Palmer”, right?
Sorry, bad joke.
Interesting proposal, though. And yes, someone in DC would really have to ‘grow a pair’ to introduce this.
The same “healthcare” i.e. Obamacide, that the politicians in Washington foisted on the nation, before reading the bill and by trickery and political maneuvering, shall be the the same for ALL citizens, including those in the House, Senate and any Federal Government employee. Something needs to be done about other ‘rewards’ for serving one day in office as well (pensions, perks, etc.). Anyone leaving in disgrace, forced to resign, etc. loses it ALL.
And that's my two cents.
Remember for years ‘they’ told us “We need a raise, it is hard to attract good candidates and Govt Employees if we don’t pay them VERY well and give some good benefits”.
I am sure glad WE agreed that the caliber of candidates was ‘bad’ without MORE MONEY, we may have gotten stuck with some real losers in high positions.
One needs a license to do most anything in this country, even armed robbers have apprenticeships BUT all it requires to be a pol is fooling (buying) enough people into voting for you.
“Cheer up. Things could be worse”.
So, I cheered up and sure enough, they got worse.
Heh Heh. They’ll probably hear that old saying at work after the Christmas break. Thanks for the chuckle.
Good one. Imagine how easy it’d be to flummox them all with this. Oh, for only a little bit of bravery up there.
“Something needs to be done about other rewards for serving one day in office as well (pensions, perks, etc.)”
The list is endless, easy to compile, and fun to press home.
Calling all Tea Party Representatives!
Arnold Palmer? Don’t say it was a bad joke, on account of I still haven’t figured it out yet. I might still get a chuckle out of it!
An “Arnold Palmer” is a mixture of half icea tea and half lemonade. Got it now?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.