Skip to comments.Occupy LA Sues Over Mass Detentions (“shock and awe”)
Posted on 12/23/2012 3:47:41 AM PST by Libloather
Occupy LA Sues Over Mass Detentions
A lawsuit was filed by Occupy protesters whose demonstration at City Hall last year was broken up by police
By Jason Kandel | Saturday, Dec 22, 2012 | Updated 9:02 PM PST
Occupy Los Angeles demonstrators are suing the city for what they said was an unlawful shock and awe attack on their civil rights when 1,400 police officers swept nearly 300 demonstrators from City Hall grounds more than a year ago.
Five people are suing in a class action lawsuit that represents 292 people detained by officers in the raid. Court documents said those arrested were denied food and water for hours while being detained at the Metropolitan Detention Center downtown, at a jail in Van Nuys or on a bus en route to the lockup.
Some were forced to urinate on themselves after being denied access to restrooms, court documents allege.
(Excerpt) Read more at nbclosangeles.com ...
The Los Angeles offshoot of the Occupy protest movement cost the city of more than $4 million, according to records produced by the City Administrative Officer.
There will be much lost, much bloodshed, in the end, patriots will prevail.
“Some were forced to urinate on themselves after being denied access to restrooms, court documents allege” Hmmm, from what I have heard, how would they know?
Does this now mean we a Definitive List of 292 people who are personally responsible for Millions of Dollars in Damages to City Property??? Should they not all be Sued by We the Taxpayers, who were forced to Pay for their lawlessness?? Does Los Angeles even have a City Attorney that represents “The Taxpayers”??
How can commies be against mass detentions? Don’t they know they were the guinea pigs obama-people were using to test their tactics for when it comes to rounding up the non-commies? You make TOO much fuss and you just might disappear.