Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Delhi gang-rape protests: Scores injured, PM appeals for calm
Zeenews Bureau ^ | December 23, 2012 | Zeenews Bureau

Posted on 12/23/2012 12:10:05 PM PST by Uncle Chip

New Delhi: Hundreds of people, mainly the young, on Sunday continued their noisy protests against the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman, sparking off sporadic clashes with polices.

Having barricaded all roads leading to the Rashtrapati Bhavan and nearby government offices, security forces sprayed water at a large crowd shouting slogans against the Delhi police and demanding death to the rapists. Eight Delhi Metro stations were shut today, but that seemed to have no impact on the crowds.

There is genuine and justified anger and anguish at this ghastly incident, PM said today on Delhi gangrape.

I appeal to all concerned citizens to maintain peace and calm, PM said.

I assure you that we will make all possible efforts to ensure security and safety to all women in this country, PM added

Demanding accountability of senior police officers in the gang-rape incident, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit wanted immediate setting up of fast-track courts to try rape cases with provisions in the law even for death penalty in rare cases.

She also called for a "serious look" at VIP security deployment in the Capital, saying it cannot be an "excuse" for not providing security to the common man.

She said that suspension of a few lower-level policemen was not enough and senior officers should also be held accountable.

Releasing the medical bulletin of the Delhi gang-rape victim today evening, the doctors at Safdarjung Hospital said that the 23-year old girl continued to be serious and her platelet count was fluctuating.

However, they said that the girl was conscious and was talking and communicating. “She has fever, otherwise her urine output and her blood pressure is normal.”

....................

Delhi High Court said, "The recent brutal gang-rape incident in Delhi has shaken the entire nation."

(Excerpt) Read more at zeenews.india.com ...


TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Culture/Society; Government; News/Current Events; War on Terror
KEYWORDS: india; muzzieonmuzziecrime; rape; religionofpieces; riots; waronterror

1 posted on 12/23/2012 12:10:25 PM PST by Uncle Chip
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Uncle Chip
Muslim rapists? Can’t find much detail in the story.
2 posted on 12/23/2012 12:18:58 PM PST by Navy Patriot (Join the Democrats, it's not Fascism when WE do it, and the Constitution and law mean what WE say.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Navy Patriot

If the rapists are Muslim then the mainstream media will usually not publish their names for as long as possible, as is the case in the U.S. and U.K.


3 posted on 12/23/2012 12:26:08 PM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Jyotishi

Gang-rape accused Ram Singh, Pawan Gupta and Vinay Sharma have been sent to 14-day judicial custody, say reports.

All “Hindu” youth. One or more are considered minors and their names not released in this article.


4 posted on 12/23/2012 12:39:08 PM PST by indianrightwinger
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Navy Patriot
Yes, alleged rapists are Muslim, but so was the victim.

Delhi's apparently the rape capital of the world - 572 reported this year, and allegedly many cases don't go reported because of shame to the family.

This involved a young woman raped ('allegedly' according to those in charge) by a bus driver and six men. She wound up on life support.

Protestors want tougher sentences for rape.

A member of the ruling political party says 90% of all rape allegations are false and involve consensual sex.

5 posted on 12/23/2012 12:40:29 PM PST by Scoutmaster (You knew the job was dangerous when you took it)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: indianrightwinger

Sorry. You’re right. The 23-year-old was raped by Hindu youth. The gang rape of the 40-year-old woman on 12/19 was by Muslims.


6 posted on 12/23/2012 12:46:01 PM PST by Scoutmaster (You knew the job was dangerous when you took it)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: Scoutmaster

> Delhi’s apparently the rape capital of the world - 572 reported this year...

Really? Look at the following stats:

There were 1,439 rapes in Chicago in 2009.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Chicago-Illinois.html

There were 1,036 rapes in New York City in 2010.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-New-York-New-York.html


7 posted on 12/23/2012 12:53:53 PM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Scoutmaster; indianrightwinger; Jyotishi
It seems that the problem here is the attitude of the authorities regarding rape.

From what I can find, this rape was horribly brutal, but rape is extremely common and rarely punished.

Most of the stories are about public response to the actions and and attitudes of the authorities, although a quick hanging of the seven perps would apparently stem the protests.

My question about Islam may have been premature, in this case.

Apparently this is ongoing since Dec 17.

8 posted on 12/23/2012 12:54:59 PM PST by Navy Patriot (Join the Democrats, it's not Fascism when WE do it, and the Constitution and law mean what WE say.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Jyotishi

I stand completely corrected.


9 posted on 12/23/2012 12:55:52 PM PST by Scoutmaster (You knew the job was dangerous when you took it)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Navy Patriot

Brutal? They had to remove her intestines.


10 posted on 12/23/2012 12:57:04 PM PST by Scoutmaster (You knew the job was dangerous when you took it)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Uncle Chip

Maybe they’re protesting “gangnam style”.


11 posted on 12/23/2012 12:59:02 PM PST by BerryDingle (I know how to deal with communists, I still wear their scars on my back from Hollywood-Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Navy Patriot

Hindus in the US have a strange Stockholm syndrome in re Muslims in India. It’s like they resent Americans noticing how awful Muslims can be in India and are engaged in a kind of PC to protect their “good names”— one got furious at me for criticizing the killers of Jews in the Mumbai massacre, like it was a real faux pas on my part. It also explains to me why so many Indians went for Obama this time around. They identify with him.


12 posted on 12/23/2012 1:01:26 PM PST by Mamzelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle
Noted, and I see considerable evidence that supports your conclusion.

However, it appears that this has become a major public uprising because of crooked, inept, lazy cops, and moron statist politicians, judges and courts, rather than Muslim perps.

13 posted on 12/23/2012 1:13:17 PM PST by Navy Patriot (Join the Democrats, it's not Fascism when WE do it, and the Constitution and law mean what WE say.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle

> ... many Indians went for Obama this time around. They identify with him.

The book and “2016” movie about Obama by Dinesh D’Souza explain the anti-colonial mindset. Perhaps that commonality also explains why Asians overwhelmingly voted for the halfrican Obama.


14 posted on 12/23/2012 1:17:50 PM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Navy Patriot

Oh, India is worse then Mexico in re corruption. There are a lot of kidnap pings for ransom—a lot that will keep business out of India and will make china more attractive. It’s going to get more and more dangerous to do business in India.


15 posted on 12/23/2012 1:48:26 PM PST by Mamzelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle

Mexico scores 34, India 36 and China 39 in the 2012 Corruption Perception Index:

The Corruption Perceptions Index ranks countries and territories based on how corrupt their public sector is perceived to be. A country or territory’s score indicates the perceived level of public sector corruption on a scale of 0 - 100, where 0 means that a country is perceived as highly corrupt and 100 means it is perceived as very clean. A country’s rank indicates its position relative to the other countries and territories included in the index. This year’s index includes 176 countries and territories.

A color-coded world map and a table are here:

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2012/results


16 posted on 12/23/2012 7:23:37 PM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle

> Hindus in the US have a strange Stockholm syndrome in re
> Muslims in India. It’s like they resent Americans
> noticing how awful Muslims can be in India and are
> engaged in a kind of PC to protect their “good names”—...

Maybe the ones you talked to are Hindus In Name Only. There are “In Name Only” folks among Republicans (RINOs), Christians, Jews, Buddhists... you name the group.


17 posted on 12/24/2012 5:19:46 PM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle; Navy Patriot; Jyotishi

“It’s like they resent Americans noticing how awful Muslims can be”

You surely must be kidding. Americans noticing how awful Muslims can be? When did that happen? Are you sure you are talking about the United States of America or some other place? Maybe the Americans noticed how awful Muslims are so they helped them to build a Mosque on ground zero.

And weren’t Indians always the bad guys and Pakistanis the “allies” even after 9/11? Or did i miss something while I was busy working on my Hindu Stockholm syndrome? And yeah its all of those darn 4 million Hindus who helped Obama win, otherwise he never stood a chance right?


18 posted on 12/26/2012 3:55:32 PM PST by ravager (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: ravager

Let’s face it, the US acts as a friend to Islam, Islamists, and Muslims. Billions of US taxpayer dollars, weapons and military aircraft have been given to terrorist Pakistan and other Islamic regimes, and continue to be sent. With Barack Hussein Obama in the White House this friendship will only deepen. He has already enabled an official Sharia government in Egypt.


19 posted on 12/26/2012 4:59:01 PM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: Jyotishi

But dontchya get it? It’s all Hindus fault. Hindus elected Obama, not the Americans. US was doing great until Hindus got Obama elected.


20 posted on 12/26/2012 5:38:20 PM PST by ravager (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: ravager
So why vote for the Muslim, or at least the Muslim-seeming sympathizer? The elite Indian immigrants I know (and most immigrants from India to the US are high caste) are now progressives and avid Jon Stewart watchers...I guess along with the Kumar actor who was the Hollywood liason to the Obama admin. I think it's part of the social climbing entitlement brought here, the Brahmin who may have decided that the conservatives are the Dalit. It's counter-intuitive, but India is as corrupt as Mexico...

We are forever thinking immigrants want to be American. I'm finding, not so much. They're taught to hate America just as much as we are.

21 posted on 12/27/2012 7:44:50 AM PST by Mamzelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

To: ravager; Mamzelle

Are Christians at Fault for Obama’s Re-Election Win? Rev. Franklin Graham Says Yes

November 19, 2012

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/are-christians-at-fault-for-obamas-re-election-win-rev-franklin-graham-says-yes/


22 posted on 12/27/2012 10:52:53 AM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: Jyotishi
LOL--

How in the world can I blame Hindus for Obama's win, that you want to go on the defensive? Of course I know that Hindus are a small minority in the US and cannot shoulder anything like responsibility compared to the larger population, which includes a lot of pro-abortion "Christians". What is dismaying is that this small minority of Hindus went for Obama at all, along with other Asian immigrants.

That these immigrants would buy into Obama is counter intutitive, since they know well the corruption of the places from which they immigrated.

23 posted on 12/27/2012 10:56:54 AM PST by Mamzelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle

Not defending anyone, I am agreeing with the Rev. about Christians not voting and enabling the Obama re-election.


24 posted on 12/27/2012 11:28:45 AM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle; Jyotishi
I personally voted for Romney. I personally know a few other Indians who did the same.

However.....there were as many as 8 million evangelical Christians who last time voted McCain, didn't show up at the voting booth this time because Romney is a Mormon. They passively voted for your God Obama.

And suffice to say, every other non-White (and White) ethnic group voted for Obama.... in large numbers but hey don't let that little fact stop you from ethnicity bashing which we are all so good at. Just remember..... whatever happens, its always the fault of those darn immigrant doesn't matter how small their numbers.

As for your question why vote for a Muslim-seeming sympathizer. Excellent question!
So what US President was NOT a Muslim sympathizer? Did Pakistan become US ally under Obama? I am at a loss here. Please help me out.

“And most immigrants from India to the US are high caste”

And you just happen to know so much about every Indian's cast and what rank and order they fall into, right?

There are Indians from almost every cast in the US. There are Indian who are not even Hindus, and there are Indian who are micro minorities like Parsis or Jews . Indians here are spread out in such small numbers here that they tend to stick together irrespective of cast or religion better then they do back home. So your cast theory is just bunch of bull.

“We are forever thinking immigrants want to be American. I'm finding, not so much.”

That is because you have such wonderful insight.
And social climbing entitlement? I dont even know what you are talking about.

As to why Indians vote democrat? Maybe because they are mostly concentrated in the big cities of the east and west coast and they vote just like any other people in that area?

Or maybe....(and I could be wrong here so again help me out)...it may have something to do with Christian conservatives not so fond of dark skinned, Hindu immigrants from the third world? Just a wild guess because... you know....... we get so much love from conservatives like you all the time.

25 posted on 12/27/2012 11:41:51 AM PST by ravager (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: ravager; Mamzelle

> ...in the US. There are Indian who are not even Hindus...

Percent of Indian Americans who are

Hindu 51%
Christian 18%
Muslim 10%
Unaffiliated 10%
Sikh 5%
Jain 2%

http://projects.pewforum.org/2012/07/18/religious-affiliation-of-asian-americans-2/asianamericans_affiliation-6-2/


26 posted on 12/27/2012 12:03:08 PM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle; Jyotishi
How in the world can you blame Hindus?.....Hmmmm I dunno.... maybe you haven't yet tried hard enough?

The Indian eligible to vote as “citizens” are actually a far smaller number of overall population of Indians in US who are mostly foreign students, guest workers, dependents, legal alien residents, tourist, business visa, green card, H1-B......

The (Jon Stewart watching) elite Indians you described to me in your posts sound less like Hindu immigrant from India right off the boat and more like born and bred Americans (from Hindu parents)...just like Kalpen Modi (or Kumar) who go to elite ivy league school and bat for the dems. They dont even have their lovely Indian accents unless they fake it.

Trust me they are Americans, they don't have a lot of cultural-social connections with India or empathize with what their “fresh off boat” Hindu cousins have to go through with Islamic terrorism or corruption back home. Sadly however the "fresh off boat" Hindus are mostly not eligible to vote.

But yeah if I were you, I too would pick up on their Hindu heritage and use that as a stick to beat up all the Hindus just the same.

27 posted on 12/27/2012 12:14:37 PM PST by ravager (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle; Jyotishi
And lastly having lived in the US, most Hindus have learned not to speak their mind. I live on the east coast. I have to watch what I say in public, especially with it comes to “certain” minorities.

US is not really a free speech loving country as we all like to believe. (Remember what happened to the guy who made the anti-Muslim movie on youtube).

US a Muslim loving country. Always was. And I am not jeopardizing my job and career over it. So like every Hindu in this country I will play along the PC game. I will feign outrage when you say something rude about “certain” minorities and play good American.

Like most Hindus, I keep my opining to myself especially around Americans. Not wise to blather stuff that Americans are not ready to hear.

28 posted on 12/27/2012 2:03:10 PM PST by ravager (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: Jyotishi; Mamzelle
Most Indians in the US are Gujaratis, Punjabis and Telegus. For the benefit of those Americans who are excessively curious about the caste structure purely out of academic interest(...however actually know nothing factual), I would hazard a guess most Indians in US would fall in the second or third rung on the cast hierarchy. There are actually fewer dalits or brahmins in US. And in India brahmins are actually a tiny little minority. Not that it matters.
29 posted on 12/27/2012 5:10:04 PM PST by ravager (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

To: ravager; Mamzelle

> And lastly having lived in the US, most Hindus have learned not to speak their mind.

That behavior can be seen among most recent immigrants from around the world.


30 posted on 12/27/2012 7:05:01 PM PST by Jyotishi (Seeking the truth, a fact at a time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

To: ravager

Oh, poor baby of the nobility. Not.


31 posted on 12/27/2012 10:08:41 PM PST by Mamzelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

To: ravager

Believe me, I have had my ear bent on all these fine distinctions of castes and sub castes Bottom line— snobs and socially insecure climbers. And more news from the tea plantations on Drudge today.


32 posted on 12/27/2012 10:11:16 PM PST by Mamzelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle

Huh?


33 posted on 12/27/2012 10:11:39 PM PST by ravager (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: Mamzelle

Uh yeah whatever. Yeah I totally I climbed my way up socially. It’s feel great being high up here. You should try it. It totally stinks down there at the bottom.


34 posted on 12/27/2012 10:16:23 PM PST by ravager (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson