Skip to comments.McConnell and Biden to the rescue; the grandstanders holler (RINO celebrates McConnell's tax hikes)
Posted on 01/01/2013 8:53:33 AM PST by jimbo123
click here to read article
LOL! Bold. GOP. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! What exactly did you have to smoke last night?
But it wouldn’t be for lack of trying!
The real negotiations will (hopefully) begin when raising the debt ceiling gets debated.
I don’t think last night is quite over for some people. The effects are showing.
This is old ground. One can blame the GOP, karl rove or whoever you wish. There is some merit to that. But conservatives themselves were to blame by splitting the vote between newt and santorum. Rallying and uniting conservatives is like trying to herd cats.
“Jennifer Rubin writes the Right Turn blog for The Post, offering reported opinion from a conservative perspective.”
Who is this guy, below?
He held himself out as the “conservative voice of MSNBC.”
He substituted for Rush Limbaugh in the late `90s (once).
He sailed a National Review cruise ship as a member of their panel of conservative luminaries (just before I cancelled my subscription).
The MSM can call a jacka** a horse if they want, but that doesn’t make them horses.
U.S. Constitution.... Section 7..... All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives, But the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other bills.
I can live with McConnel's tax breaks, estate tax improvements, ATM adjustments, a holding pattern on the sequestered cuts. Pubbies should smell victory if they win serious spending cuts, while giving little on debt limits, ... far better than I would have ever imagined given the circumstances.
Lots to shake out in upcoming months. I'm looking for someway to get to Nov '14, when TP2 shows up.
Really? Who won Ohio?
"The spending will be addressed with the debt limit, coming soon, and in which we have more bargaining power. If they're bold this could be a nice win"
Not only that, but Barack Obama won't be calling for new taxes with the debt ceiling debate. Nor will the MSM constantly bash "Tea Party extremists" for holding the country hostage and trying to purposely destroy the economy so that we can default on our obligations. Low-information people won't be swayed by Obama's unchallenged claim that he cut "$1 Trillion dollars last year"- instead, this will be the moment that they sit down and finally analyze the facts. The stock market won't drop a lot as we get closer to the debt ceiling vote, forcing the GOP to freak out and cave...
...Obama won't use the opportunity to trash Republican "hyper-partisanship" in his inauguration speech or the SOTU, either. Republicans won't negotiate in bogus back-room deals that delay cuts forever, like they have done 100% of the time the past few years. Also, the Kansas City Chiefs will go undefeated next season and win the Super Bowl...
Careful before you take a chunk out of your tongue.
I suspect he would have approved a permanent tax cut for 99% of the taxpayers. Then gone back for the other 1% when he saw a chance. It's called "incrementalism" and is what got the Left to where it is today. Maybe we ought to try it too, for a change, instead of calling people names.
I normally agree with you, but how in the world do you expect the Republican-held House of Representatives to lock in 100% of the Bush tax cuts?
makes perfect sense...NOT. We’re still waiting for the spending cuts promised to Presidents Reagan & Bush (41)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.