Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

To: Hotlanta Mike

Got mercury poisoning *twice* from picking up broken ones.

When *one* breaks, it releases 400x the ‘safe amount’ of mercury into the area.

Both times, I’d cleaned up 3 or 4 of them within a month of each other.

I only use them in low traffic areas now in closed light fixtures where they can’t fall onto the floor when they invariably ‘explode’ for no reason.


14 posted on 01/04/2013 1:26:00 PM PST by Salamander (Nothing says “Welcome to my home!” like snakes.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]


To: Salamander
Got mercury poisoning

This is one of the reasons I bought 4 dozen 100w incandescents before the ban.

The other reasons:


19 posted on 01/04/2013 1:57:50 PM PST by 50mm (Trust nobody and you'll never be disappointed.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]

To: Salamander
May I ask what were the symptoms, and the treatment?

My wife dropped on the a utility hallway floor and broke. Fortunately, it was the only one in the house when we bought the place.

43 posted on 01/04/2013 5:41:53 PM PST by rightly_dividing (Left behind; 4 Americans in Libya)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson