Skip to comments.20 Ways America Has Begun to Reap What It Has Sown
Posted on 01/08/2013 4:51:04 AM PST by Kaslin
1) Our Congress passes bills that run into the thousands of pages; then we're surprised that the bills are full of loopholes, set asides for lobbyists and toxic clauses no one seemed to know about.
2) We've replaced telling the difference between right and wrong with legalisms; then we're surprised that people are always looking for loopholes and technicalities to get out of fulfilling their obligations.
3) Feminists denigrate men, tell them to behave more like women and are offended by chivalry; then they're surprised to find that our society has been inundated by passive, wimpy beta males.
4) Congress hasn't produced a budget in more than 3 years, most of the big bills don't go through the normal committee process, and parliamentary maneuvers are used to block debate and keep Republicans from offering amendments to bills; then we're surprised when we have gridlock, filibusters and massive fights over the debt limit.
5) We allow politicians to work as highly paid lobbyists after they leave Congress; then we're surprised when they give favorable treatment to companies they hope will make them wealthy after they leave Congress.
6) We demonize big business, pile on the regulations, raise taxes on job creators and treat successful people like the enemy; then we're surprised that the economy's not growing.
7) Our first priority when it comes to schools is catering to the teachers unions, not educating our kids; then we're surprised at the poor quality of public education in our country.
8) We allow communists, terrorists, and people who hate America to be public university professors in this country; then we're surprised when our college students graduate without understanding how this country works and what made it great in the first place.
9) We celebrate victimhood; then we're surprised to see people faking hate crimes.
10) We have abundant oil supplies on our own soil that we don't drill; then we're surprised that gas prices are so high.
11) We reward people for not working with welfare, food stamps and countless other government programs; then we're surprised to have so many takers demanding that everyone else pay their way.
12) We allow public sector unions to exist and funnel tax dollars into political campaigns and collaborate with politicians; then we're surprised when the unions drive whole cities and soon, states, into bankruptcy with their exorbitant salaries and benefits.
13) We create gun free zones; then we're surprised when crazy people with guns go there to kill people because they know no one will be armed.
14) We gerrymander congressional districts to the point that it's practically impossible for most members of the House to be beaten by someone from the opposite party; then we're surprised when neither side can work together.
15) We set up rules that give existing unions every advantage over the companies that hire them; then we're surprised when those companies start to inevitably fall apart.
16) We worry more about children's self-esteem than their performance; then we're surprised when college kids aren't ready for the working world.
17) We encourage multiculturalism, don't teach patriotism, and treat American citizenship like it's valueless; then we're surprised as we become ever more segmented and divided as a people.
18) We elect and re-elect politicians who lie to our faces, see prostitutes, use hard drugs and have affairs; then we're surprised when we find most politicians care more about keeping their cushy jobs than helping the country.
19) We denigrate Christianity at every opportunity, mock people of honor, and openly scoff at people who talk about morals; then we're surprised at how dishonest and nasty our society has become.
20) We have a sky high corporate tax rate, a ridiculous legal system that exposes corporations to abusive and time-consuming lawsuits, and the most progressive income tax system in the Western world; then we're surprised when American companies move overseas.
Congress Senate under the leadership of Harry Reid hasn't produced a budget in more than 3 years, most of the big bills don't go through the normal committee process, and parliamentary maneuvers are used to block debate and keep Republicans from offering amendments to bills; then we're surprised when we have gridlock, filibusters and massive fights over the debt limit.
Except for the parts where it says, “then we’re surprised”, I agree.
The low information voters are the ones who are “surprised.” Not us.
Well, Conservatives aren’t surprised.
Liberals think things out at about the level of a third-grader. They are surprised.
This time, we *didn’t* build that. The left did, in collusion with Washington DC.
At what point do we say “No. You can’t.” to their “Yes, we can”? (or have we become “beta” subjects as well)
If you could first know where you are and whither you are tending, you could better judge what to do and how to do it. You initiated a policy to tolerate the Marxist-Alinsky radicals and let them rant; not only has it not ceased but was constantly augmented by decades of infiltration and indoctrination. You now have two Americas. In my opinion, it will not cease until a crisis shall have been reached and passed. A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure, permanently, half statist and half free; I do not expect the house to fall; but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other.
The question today is either the opponents of statism will arrest the further spread of it and place it on course of ultimate extinction, or its advocates will push it forward till it shall become permanent.
Have you no tendency to the latter condition?
Let anyone who doubts carefully contemplate that now almost complete legal combination piece of machinery, so to speak compounded of the Republican Party hands-across-the-aisle doctrine and the dreadful actions among statism's chief architects.
The 1960s Marxist-Alinsky campus radical, psycho spoiled brats were celebrated in the establishment MSM as the most intelligent generation ever!. They are now arguably that very establishment that praised them and they hold themselves and their ideological issue in even higher regard.
The progressives' New Normal ruling elite
A great disaster had befallen Russia: Men have forgotten God; that’s why all this has happened. ...Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
PS Harry Reid is an evil little man.
The college loan system is broken! We need to fix it!
The home mortgage system is broken! We need to fix it!
The health care system is broken! We need to fix it!
It’s time for the voters to say:
Congress is broken! We need to fix it!
‘Low information’? IS that like low IQ?
I am afraid you are on the wrong thread. Your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Perhaps it’s early for you?
This will continue on until something happens that will shake us out of our stupor—I am thinking A) Depression worst than any we have ever experienced. B) Grim and Terrible War—world War started with an electronic Pearl Harbor. C) Civil War and a break up of the nation into three states.
Bookmark for later.
20 Ways America Has Begun to Reap What It Has Sown
The point that I sincerely believe is that much of the (if not the main) problem is that the Nation "initiated a policy to tolerate the Marxist-Alinsky radicals and let them rant (a generation ago); not only has it not ceased but was constantly augmented by decades of infiltration and indoctrination. [We] now have two Americas."
I have posted this on your threads in the past.. if you would prefer that I not do it I will make every attempt to remember your wishes. :)
WilliamofCarmichael, I thought your post apropos. Cannot see any disconnect; you are going to root causes — the leftist ideology of the past 100 years, made wickedly clear as a formula for the destruction of America by Alinsky 50 years ago, and for which the people you pictured are carrying the ball.
This has nothing to do with the article, and if you have posted this posted this on my threads, then stop spamming my threads and stay on subject. Unless the subject in the articles are the Marxist-Alinsky radicals
And you cannot just go by the title
Thank you and thank you for “the leftist ideology of the past 100 years, made wickedly clear as a formula for the destruction of America by Alinsky 50 years ago, and for which the people . . . pictured are carrying the ball” — succinctly ties the earlier history to the 1960s when I was going to college.
This will continue on until something happens that will shake us out of our stuporI am thinking
Perhaps this is what God, in His mercy, Is thinking as well. When a nation turns its back on Him, “something happens” and that something is not good. Those who have read the Sacred Scriptures understand how the telling of that very same scenario took place again and again...and each time nations had to learn the HARD way.
As it is now, Demonrat politicians are the most protected class of human to walk the Earth, with obama living untouchably at the top of this evil hierarchy.
When truth and justice at the highest levels are avoided and denied, then who is surprised when weeds take over the community garden?
We are reaping what "we" have sown. But unfortunately, we have been enjoying the produce from years past and haven't had to eat from the garden we've been tending. Only now are we beginning to taste its harvest and the progressively modified crops are making us sick.
No! It means “stupid”, as in not thinking through their wants with any idea on probable results and consequences, but mostly making critical decisions with their feelings rather their brains.
“Low Information” refers to voters who get their information from low credibility “entertainment” sources, like the MSM.
People think theyve voted for Obamacare, more lavish food stamps, higher minimum wage, greater Social Security/Disability payments, etc. The trouble is theres NO. MONEY. for this. America has outspent the planet.
The official Congressional Budget Office estimate of a Washington-sized government requires the rest of the planet to put a fifth of its GDP into buying U.S. Treasury debt. Now, and forever. That is NOT. GOING. TO. happen.
At some point, some guy nobodys ever heard of on the other side of the planet is going to decide that now is the time to yank the rug out from under the U.S. dollar, and the minute that happens, were Greece. And, if we dont apply the brakes quick enough, were Zimbabwe. Theres nothing holding up the joint anymore except the U.S. dollars status as global reserve currency, which is basically a decades old legacy from when this was a functioning, commercial republic in which people did not loot the future
In order to reap what we have sown, we first have to get the seeds to sow and we've been getting our garden seeds from the radicals that you have pointed out.
After decades and decades, they aren't radical now. Now they are in charge!
We, as a nation, do not listen to the likes of Mark Steyn at our own peril.
We Americans have a history of mis-judging situations and intent in our want to “be fair” and do not respond appropriately until it do or die time.
It’s the result of decades of people CAMPAIGNING on the basis of their personal, material, immediate and temporary needs.
It’s the result of decades of people VOTING on the basis of their personal, material, immediate and temporary needs.
If everyone is greedy, ignorant and unscrupulous.... this is what you get.
If we are willing to ignore our sacred Constitution, it will not take “everyone”, just a simple majority.
Yes! And they include the "communists, terrorists, and people who hate America" whom "We allow . . . to be public university professors in this country; then we're surprised when our college students graduate without understanding how this country works and what made it great in the first place."
Except for a few results of greed and incompetence I would argue that most of the things listed in the posting are a direct result of "communists, terrorists, and people who hate America". (To be fair they all do not hate America they would say that they just want to "make America a better country.")
Low-information voters may have low IQs, but they may just be such hard workers that they have no time to learn about politics. They work hard to pay “their fair share,” a phrase they seem to like. The latter is especially true of uninformed Republican primary voters.
Yes, or little American citizens don’t understand communism, but they are headed there, much to the delight of one of their favorite entertainers, you know, Henry’s daughter.