Skip to comments.JCPenney stock plunges after bad holiday
Posted on 01/12/2013 5:36:33 AM PST by oh8eleven
"Penneys sales at stores open at least a year plummeted more than 30 percent through most of the crucial holiday season, sources close to the company told The Post this week."
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...
“JCPenney stock plunges after spitting on American Family Values”
Glad to hear this.
I guess homosexuals prefer shopping at Macy’s.
Just a thought, but maybe MOST folks STILL find homosexuality rather repellent ?
Their “Sodom and Gomorrah” line of clothing isn’t cuttin’ it?
Feel good story of the day.
Bad 4th quarter results? That’s so gay.
Just read the whole thang, and not once was there a mention of gay television ads. God forbid that a news source would report even the possibility of an economic push-back against retail indoctrination.
My sister-in-law visited our local Penny's and asked to speak with the manager, who turned out to be a completely normal looking/acting early middle-aged fellow. She wanted to tell him personally, face-to-face, why she was no longer going to shop at Penny's. Paraphrasing from memory ...
Penny's didn't have to take sides in this public controversy. They already had both sides shopping in their stores. There was no need to weigh in on one side or the other.
But, since Penny's did decide to take sides, then they should expect their customers to respond in similar fashion. I am not going to advance the business agenda of a company that champions something I am convinced is destructive to individual and social well-being.
She told me that she thought she detected agreement flickering behind his otherwise impassive expression. He was polite and promised to pass her concerns on to senior management.
Post of the day.
What a brilliant management decision that turded out to be.
I don't miss them. I wonder if they miss me.
Just before “Operation Desert Storm” there was story after story of Marines in the Phillipines getting beaten and killed. One after another, in the mainstream press. It was precisely at that time JC Penney did a “Celebrate The Phillipines” marketing push. As the wife of a Marine, I called them and made it clear what a disrespectful and horrible idea that was, considering the recent news events. I got the basic corporate-speak about how marketing campaigns are set up way in advance, etc., and they had no plans to pull it. I was incensed! I put up flyers all over El Toro (against the rules)and got my gal pals to call Penneys over and over. Nothing came of it.
It is sweet music to my ears every time I hear about Penney’s struggling financially. They don’t give a damn about this country so they can kiss my ass. I hope they go under tomorrow!
Memo to: Ron Johnson, CEO
Re: Current transition to Gay C Penney
Although its a little late now, here are a few areas where you may want to focus on the next time you are selected to lead a corporation to extinction:
1. In order to transform a 100+ year old retail operation successfully, you may want to slowly introduce changes into the existing business model next time: Simply stating that your going to provide products at low prices rather than continue the companys traditional coupon-based business model is one thing, but to then give your long time customers the one finger salute by suggesting they cant grasp the marketing concept is no way to ingratiate yourself with the buying public.
2. This one would seem to be obvious, but somehow you managed to miss it forgoing 98% of the population to advertise and market to 2% of the population that wouldnt be caught dead shopping in your stores is not a winning strategy.
3. Printing catalogs that support the homosexual agenda will only lessen the likelihood of a turnaround; this is especially true when the catalogs come out during traditional holidays like Easter, Fathers Day, etc. Again, this is another one finger salute to your former customers.
4. Coming out and defiantly defending 13, despite overwhelming evidence that is has caused great harm to the companys bottom line and employee morale, is not advised.
5. The fact that you have not chosen to relocate yourself and your family to the DFW area signals to every employee at JCP that this is a short term gig; judging from the results to date, one that has already lasted too long.
6. And finally selling Apple computers via a retail outlet is about as difficult as selling water in the Sahara; whatever minor success you may have had at Apple will not transfer to success selling clothes and home furnishings. Sadly, the employees of the company will be the only ones to suffer for your monumental ineptitude.
There is no magic in their catalogs anymore, they're very flat. No eye path to lead the reader, no compelling descriptions, no associated imagery to suggest appealing use, no add on sales of products someone might want along with an item, it's just a bunch of open space with lonely people mugging the camera, it's as if the fools had never even heard of square inch analysis. Your best sellers get more square inches, add on sales get far less but they're nearby or at least a bug or banner directing to them.
But no, they have poor little coffeemakers floating in the aether without much company, friendless. Very brightly colored aether, though, and very stylishly color blocked. If color blocks were their product they'd be going gangbusters.
Maybe JC Penney and Microsoft can merge. It looks like Windows 8.
They were streaming the video to all employees and once Ellen Degeneres was introduced you could have heard a pin drop. I remember one of her first lines being something like “as employees of JCPenney, we share a lot of the same values”. That caused quite an uproar... both of outright laughter and disgust. Needless to say, it was not well received, and most of the people I spoke to knew it would not go over well with their existing customers.
Given the results from the day Ron Johnson walked through the doors in November 2011, it has been a total and complete disaster.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.