We are well on our way, almost there in fact.
Bullying and violence are the foundation of government.
Arm teachers. We don’t have firefighters in every school, but we do have fire extinguishers.
One alternative that no one has mentioned would be to create a federal reservation for mentally ill people *the individual states* have determined “present a threat of harm to others.”
This provides several needed checks to such institutionalization. To start with, someone is referred from one of several directions as a “threat to others”, to a civil or criminal judge, who will assign a psychiatrist to evaluate them.
If the psychiatrist deems them a “threat to others”, then the judge can decide to refer them to that state’s mental health authorities. If they on a second examination determine that the person is a “threat to others”, then they can refer them to the federal reservation.
On arrival there, they receive yet another independent psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis. If they have committed some crime, they are then sent to one part of the reservation, if not, to another part.
Then they are further subdivided into treatable and not treatable. At the end of each year, patients are again diagnosed to determine if they are still a “threat to others”. If not, then they are returned to their home state, under supervised care.
1. Those governments that have banned guns have then executed many of their citizens.
2. Those demanding gun bans are demanding victims be disarmed so bad guys don't have to work so hard to kill them.
3. Those demanding gun bans do so claiming there is so much violence warranting it somehow, yet, anyone wanting a gun to defend themselves from such violence is just being "paranoid".
4. Liberals have the mind of a 7 year old: They yell, "Daddy, Daddy! Fix it!", and believe gun bans will solve violence, not understanding guns are not the only tools of violence and gun don't kill people, people kill people.
5. Liberals believe anyone with a gun is a violent murderer waiting to happen, so I guess just because a liberal woman is equipped to be a prostitute means she is one.
6. To liberals, police officers, who qualify with their duty weapons once or twice a year, have some special Jedi-like mastery over handguns that private citizens can never hope to obtain.
7. To liberals, police operate with backup which is why they need larger capacity pistol magazines than do "civilians", who must face criminals alone and, therefore, need less ammunition
8. To liberals, citizens don't need to carry a gun for personal protection, but police chiefs, who are desk-bound administrators that work in a building filled with cops, need a gun.
9. To liberals, "assault weapons" have no purpose other than to kill large numbers of people, which is why the police need them to kill large numbers of people for some reason.
10. To liberals, private citizens don't need a gun for self-protection because the police are there to protect them even though the Supreme Court says the police are not responsible for their protection.
11. To liberals, private citizens don't need a gun for self-protection because the police are the professional gun slingers even if they take longer to arrive than the bad guy needs to kill their victims.
12. To liberals, trigger locks do not interfere with the ability to use a gun for defensive purposes, which is why you dont see police officers with one on their duty weapon.
13. Banning guns works, which is why New York, DC, and Chicago cops need guns and those cities have the highest murder and violence rates. Again, We the People are only being paranoid if we want a gun to defend ourselves from that violence.
14. Washington DCs low murder rate of 69 per 100,000 is due to strict gun control, and Indianapolis high murder rate of 9 per 100,000 is due to the lack of gun control. Wait, huh?
15. To a liberal, the more helpless you are the safer you are from criminals.
16. Liberals claim other devices like oven spray or bear spray will better deter a criminal because an intruder can be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.
17. To a liberal, a woman raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun and a dead rapist at her feet.
18. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns and Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.
19. To a liberal, these phrases,
"right of the people peaceably to assemble,"
"right of the people to be secure in their homes,"
"enumeration's herein of certain rights shall not be construed to disparage others retained by the people,"
"The powers not delegated herein are reserved to the states respectively, and to the people,"
all refer to individuals, but "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" refers only to the State.
20. To a liberal, guns are so complex that special training is necessary to use them properly but so simple to use that they make murder easy.
21. To a liberal, ordinary people in the presence of a gun turn into slaughtering butchers but revert to normal when the weapon is removed, so we should ban guns.
22. To a liberal, guns cause violence, which is why there are so many mass killings at gun shows and police stations.
23. To a liberal, a majority of the population supports gun control so we should do it, just like a majority of the population once supported owning slaves.
24. To a liberal, most people can't be trusted with a gun so we should have laws banning guns, which most people will abide by because they can be trusted.
25. To a liberal, the 2nd Amendment was written during a time when muskets were the norm, but they do not agree that the 1st amendment should only pertain to yelling in the town square and printing using quill pens and manual printing presses.
26. To a liberal, we should ban "Saturday Night Specials" and other inexpensive guns because it's not fair that poor people have access to guns too.
Liberals know so much dont they. They are just so right about everything, so lets show a few of their perfectly stupid statements of the past.
"It is already too late to avoid mass starvation." Dennis Hayes, chief organizer--Earth Day 1, 1970
"At least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years." Paul Ehrlich, Earth Day 1, 1970
"By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine." Prof. Peter Gunter, North Texas State University, 1970
"In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution... by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half..." `Life' Magazine, January 1970
"Air pollution... is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone." Paul Ehrlich, Earth Day 1, 1970
"By the year 2000... there won't be any more crude oil." Ecologist Kenneth Watt
"In 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct." Dr. S. Dillon Ripley, secretary, Smithsonian Institute, Earth Day 1, 1970
"The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years... the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age." Kenneth Watt
"In the 1970s and 1980s, hundreds of millions of people will starve to death in spite of any crash program embarked upon now." Paul Ehrlich, "The Population Bomb" (1968)
Cain slew Abel...no gun just a violent murder. Violence we have with us always guns or not as long as there are people or animals. Even some plants are violent.