Once again, we accept the Big Lie the media (not scientists) like to present: That all scientists are friends of Algore, accept Global Warming, are Left Wingers, etc. A lot of this is perpetuated because scientists are often found in academia, which are often centers of Left Wing spew.
1. Most of the Leftist in Academia are in the so-called social sciences and other garbage studies. True scientists takes YEARS of learning and hard study. Generally speaking, and imho, the more intelligent the human, the more likely they'll reject Leftism as nonsense and unpractical.
2. There is a letter that is almost unknown, as the media suppresses even its existence, signed by over 10,000 real scientists (in meteorology, geology, astronomy) that strongly disputes man-made global warming.
3. I teach at Auburn University in Alabama. Lots and lots of Christian scientists and professors going to church HERE. Not every university is a hotbed of communism. Certainly not Auburn or the University of Alabama.
4. I agree that we cannot "know". But God does not ask us to give up our curiosity and not investigate. That is what science is all about. If we do not do so, we are no different from the Muslims.
5. I am not a member of the fundamentalist American Protestant church. I don't know what their opinion of science is, but for those I do know, many are against science, and believe scientists are anti-God. I don't know why this is so.
5. I am not a member of the fundamentalist American Protestant church. I don’t know what their opinion of science is, but for those I do know, many are against science, and believe scientists are anti-God. I don’t know why this is so.
In fact, I believe as does Dinesh Desouza, that legitimate science more often than not helps EXPLAIN the case for God than refutes it.
Years ago, I got fed up with my job at a newspaper and for a time left to work in the legitimate private sector, where I ended up working for a man who was an academically credentialed scientist who was actually employed as an engineer—an intersting dichotomy in itself.
One day we got on the “creationism” topic and he began to explain the Big Bang theory to me—and I just assumed that anyone who could so completely describe something in such detail must be a devotee of it. So, I basically ended up asking him, “But what came BEFORE the big bang—?”
And he said to me, “Well, that question is why I go to church every Sunday.”
OK, changing the subject to Women in Combat, one of the “selected” themes for the driveby’s today...
When I started my military career, women were just being integrated into the military services. We had the WAF (Woman’s Air Force) but that went away in 1976.
So I started out as a computer operator. That was my AFSC. There was a requirement that you had to be able ot lift 50 pounds over your head. Well many of the women could not. So what did they do? Change their AFSC?
No. They simply waved the requirement...
When it came time to unload the truck that had all the boxes of paper and punch cards in it? Only us dudes did such work.
Now, that was a very civilian like job in the Air Force, and it wasn’t like you were pulling your shot buddy out of the line of fire in battle. But believe me, reality is far from what they like to believe in Washington DC and New York, New York! In the real world, stuff like this happens all the time.
Global warming is a perfect example.
Once the fraudulent emails were discovered that showed the political manipulations of global warming were real we thought it was all over. Now we learn that global warming is really a political objective never was any science behind the politics of it.
Any novice should figure out that weather cycles happen in period so of hundreds of thousands of years. There are numerous cycles within cycles within other cycles.
Do we absolutely know that we are in a short term warming or cooling cycle within a long term warming or cooling cycle? No! The answers are usually politically motivated.
We have long term answers given us by geologists and meteorologists who can prove that there have been many, many cycles over the existence of the earth.(regardless of how earth got here) But the exact cycle within a cycle is difficult if no impossible to prove.