Your tax dollars at work.
“Rebels” in Syria are like “rebels” in Libya. Egypt, Tunisia,Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia, Afghanistan,Iraq, Yemen, Mali and on and on. They are Sunni Wahhabi cut throat Christian hating Muslims. Kill them before they kill you. But no!! We give them guns and money to kill us. UCMTU!!
posted on 01/28/2013 8:51:06 PM PST
My Syria FAQ - you have to know the players and how they fit into Islam and Christianity
- The current pencil necked geek Bashar Assad and his father Hafez Assad (deceased) are Alewite Muslims who are 10% of Syrian population but have managed to control Syria for 40+ years
- Many Alewites revere the Virgin Mary and will have depictions of her in their houses
- despite this the Iranian religious authorities declared the legitimacy of Alewite Islam partly to further the Shiite Iranian axis with them
- The current Syria war is Sunni (Muslim Brotherhood with lots of Saudi support weaponry and money and USA doing the same) VERSUS Shiite Iran seeking to expand its sphere of influence in an alliance with Alewite Muslim rulers of Syria
- the ultimate goal of Iran is to convert the Sunni Muslim nations of the middle east to Shiite by defying USA and ultimate prevailing
- Quite ironic since Iran was Sunni Muslim until the 1500s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Iran
- Old man Assad leveled Hama Syria in 1983, killing 20,000, which was a power center for the Muslim Brotherhood (Sunni) which fights the younger Assad today. Thomas Friedman wrote about this back when he was a good journalist in a famous chapter called "Hama Rules"
- The Sunni Muslim Brotherhood has not forgotten this and this propels the current Sunni-Shiite war in Syria
posted on 01/28/2013 9:58:53 PM PST
(The first principle is to find out who you are then you can achieve anything -- Buddhist monk)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson