Any trustworthy stats on how/if these gun buyback programs actually reduce gun violence? Or do the “media” use any down-turn in crime, even crimes that would not normally be committed without a gun (like, say, a burglary or a domestic “dispute”/fight), as “proof” that buyback programs work?
The comments at the site are hillarious!
I’d like to see a statistical breakdown of all the weapons turned in at the last buyback and now.
Break them down into many categories such as
* machine guns
* general military assault weapons
* automatic handguns (i.e. Tec 9, Mac10, etc)
Then subdivide them as
* Illegal - Id no. scratched out, etc.
* Traced as used in a crime
* Types of guns, revolvers, pistols, etc.
* Types of rifles, single shot, ramrod load, clip fed, hand fed (22. cal., AK 47, SKS, .30 cal. 303 Springfield, Enfields, M-1, M-2, M-14, AR 15, M 16, etc.
* Those that were “taken off the street” as opposed to taken “out of the house”.
Once you see the figures, you’ll shit. Buybacks are largely a feel-good fraud on the public.