Wait - they pulled him over for a “random vehicle check”?
Wow. That’s a Police state. I mean, really - it’s right there in front of us.
I hope they didn’t ask if he was illegal or anything.....
Unfortunately, law-abiding citizens need to carry the following display page in their vehicles:
“I repsectfully exercise my 4th and 5th Amendment rights and hereby inform you that:
(1) I will not answer any questions that may be introduced in evidence against me in a court of law, regardless of the accusation. and;
(2) I do not agree or consent to any search of my vehicle and personal property without a properly executed warrant of search.
(3) I am willing to stay here and await the aforementioned warrant until such time that I am free to leave. Be aware that I will continue to ask you if I am free to leave and, if you answer in the negative I expect a proper and Constitutional explanation as to why I am being detained.
(4) Be aware that I have already contacted my legal representative who may show up at this location at any moment.
That’s the one question they’ll never ask...
I carry this. Is there any part that can be strengthened or changed?
1. Am I under arrest or merely being detained? If I am being detained, under what probable circumstances (probable cause) can you provide for me to be detained?
2. Under my 4th and 5th Amendment rights, I do not agree or consent to any search of my vehicle or personal effects without a properly executed warrant which must be served upon my person.
3. Searches performed by animal detection means will be afforded provided that a properly executed warrant is issued. I do not agree to provide access to the interior of my vehicle or any personal effects in or out of the vehicle to animal-based searches without a properly executed warrant.
4. I do not agree to answer any questions that may be entered into testimony in a court of law according to my 5th Amendment rights.
5. If I am under arrest, I hereby exercise my 5th Amendment rights and will not provide evidence of any type that may be introduced against me in a court of law. Any gathering of evidence shall be executed under a duly exercised court order and in the presence of my legal representation. I do not agree to or consent to any evidence gathering techniques that causes me to give-up my rights according to the 5th Amendment. This extends to so-called breathalyzer test as well as blood draws not done under warrant or in the presence of my legal counsel.