The complete score card, current updates, resources, and details on all 44 cases found below
The resource page for all HHS Cases and news
44 cases, over 130 plaintiffs, one unconstitutional mandate, and the go-to page for it all
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty led the charge against the Administrations unconstitutional HHS mandate–which forces many religious organizations to violate their deeply held religious beliefs, or pay crippling fines. The Becket Fund applauds the other courageous defenders who have stepped forward and filed additional suits in defense of Americas first freedom. The Becket Fund currently represents: Hobby Lobby, Wheaton College, East Texas Baptist University, Houston Baptist University, Colorado Christian University, the Eternal Word Television Network, Ave Maria University, and Belmont Abbey College.
Today there are 44 cases and over 130 individuals representing hospitals, universities, businesses, schools, and people all speaking with one voice to affirm the freedom of religion guaranteed in the Constitution.
All HHS cases are listed below in chronological order (Becket Fund and non-Becket Fund cases).
To date, of the 14 for-profit plaintiffs that have obtained rulings touching on the merits of their claims against the Mandate, 10 have secured injunctive relief against it.
- Grote Indus. LLC v. Sebelius, (7th Circuit — injunction granted pending appeal)
- Korte v. Sebelius – (7th Circuit — injunction granted pending appeal)
- OBrien v. HHS, (8th Circuit — injunction granted pending appeal)
- Newland v. Sebelius (Hercules), (D. Colorado, preliminary injunction granted)
- Legatus v. Sebelius, (E.D. Mich., preliminary injunction granted for Weingartz plaintiffs)
- Tyndale Publishers v. Sebelius, (D.D.C., preliminary injunction granted)
- Am. Pulverizer Co. v. HHS (Griesedieck) (W.D. Missouri - preliminary injunction granted)
- Dominos Farms Corp. v. Sebelius, (E.D. Mich., temporary restraining order granted)
- Sharp Holdings, Inc. v. HHS (E.D. Missouri ND., temporary restraining order granted)
- Triune Health Group v. HHS (N.D. Illinois, preliminary injunction granted)
- Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. v. Sebelius, (10th Circuit denying request for injunctive relief)
- Autocam Corp. v. Sebelius, (on appeal, 6th Circuit denying request for injunction)
- Annex Medical, Inc v. Sebelius (D. Minn., order denying injunctive relief)
- Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Sebelius, (E.D. Pa. order denying injunctive relief following temporary restraining order granted)
Sebilius is going to teach Christians how to sin on the sly? This is a good example of how liberals live. They go around laws and rationalize their own actions. Sebilius has shown her hand in trying to get Christians to adopt her approach to living.
Predictably, the sellout media immediately proclaimed, with great fanfare, the Obama is offering a fair compromise.
May the Lord give our bishops the gift of fortitude and of wisdom. May the collapse of Christian private enterprise in America be avoided.
Democrats and RINOS
GOD DENIERS AND CONGENITAL LIARS
ARE REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH INCITERS/
FOR FIRST YOUR MONEY THEN YOUR GUNS
AND BE DEFENSELESS WHEN CROOKS COME
It’s time to get government out of Your face
Your religion and your pocketbook
(The above is designed to be printed up and passed around your precinct and your friends and neighbors as a (index sized) palmcard.
Get this through your thick skulls, Obama Cult: We will not stop until your damnable law is gone.
My great hope is that Catholics are all-in on overturing the ACA and moving toward market based liberties. 90% of medical costs are driven by local/state and federal laws/regulations.
The price would drop overnight by simply making three changes:
1. interstate competition for insurance.
2. let individuals have the same tax write off as corporations when it comes to health insurance.
3. publish doctor’s pricing lists for all medical procedures.
Very big of our government to decide it is going to follow the Constitution....