Where in the hell are our churches and church people???
(Sorry, but it’s just plain unavoidable.)
Conservative Christians need to stsrt opening their pocket books if they want their children and grandchildren to have a moral society to live in.
The taxpaying public is being made to pay for the homosexual agenda in outright defiance of the Defense of Marriage Act (the government never did much to defend traditional marriage).
With unelected liberals working to make same sex marriage the law of the land from within the establishment, it takes outside interests to “hold the line” who are then savaged in the pink journolist pravda press.
The government is not impartial on the issue of gay marriage and neither is the media. Neither are some of the judges (which is why activists go shopping for judges who’ll give them the “landmark” rulings they want to overturn laws).
The Romney Republicans didn’t lift a finger in the last election cycle to stop the always-intensifying drive of the homosexualists.
Sending money to Republican satellite organizations ain’t working.
So, give your money directly to thoroughly-vetted, truly-conservative candidates who will FIGHT, so that 100% of the funds go to what you intend them for.
Or, use it to turn votes out for such candidates yourself.
President Romney would have repealed DOMA and surrendered to SSM.
Gay marriage opponents need to show that it’s not a lost cause. The vast majority of Americans told pollsters they opposed abortion on demand immediately after Roe vs. Wade, but in 40 years the pro-life movement hasn’t laid a finger on abortion.
Gay marriage already has unanimous support among Democrats and in every establishment (business, health care. media, education, the arts) you can name, as well as plurality polling. The Supreme Court will strike down Proposition 8 and most of DOMA within the next few months, making gay marriage legal and federally recognized in the states where probably 90% of gays in this country live. The current Supreme Court docket probably doesn’t give a basis to cover the other 10% with legalization but it’s only a matter of time.
What is the legal or political strategy to overcome this, and what reason is there to believe it might work?
Given that the states have never delegated to Congress via the Constitution the specific power to regulate marriage, evidenced by the Constitution's silence about marriage, the Founders made the 10th Amendment to clarify that government power to regulate things like marriage is automatically reserved to each individual state, not to the federal government.
In fact, not only is gay marriage not an express, constitutionally protected right which gives a state's voters the power to decide against gay marriage, but just as justices had clarified that constitutionally unaddressed euthanasia issues are up to the states to decide in the Terri Schiavo case, Constitution-respecting justices should clarify that marriage is likewise a state power issue.
Also note that justices have already decided against marriages that are not based on the traditional one man, one woman in Reynolds v. United States on the basis of common law, I believe. So there is case precedent supporting traditional marriage, although not in the context of 10th Amendment protected state powers.
The problem is that pro-gay marriage activist justices might take the opportunity to put on their "magic glasses" to find the so-called right to gay marriage in the 9th Amendment, just as they wrongly hid behind 9A to legislate abortion from the bench, wrongly usurping state legislative powers to address such issues imo.
So once again, widespread patirot ignorance of the Constituton's division of federal and state government powers is seemingly helping to fuel unnecessary confusion about the constitutionality of an issue, this time the constitutonality of gay marriage. Pro-traditional marriage patriots who are too lazy to read the Constitution arguably deserve to get screwed by activist justices over the gay marriage issue.
You CAN give a tax deductible gift to this organization AND be helping the fight against forced celebration of sodomy!
WWW.PHC.EDU is the web site.
Donations are not tax deductible, but this is a group that is determined to stop the forced celebration of sodomy: nationformarriage.org is their web site.
The fascist butt boys threatened and harassed doners.