Even in December 2012, after Obama had won re-election, Question D3 of that poll showed Americans identifying themselves thus: "Very Conservative" (20%), "Somewhat Conservative" (39%), "Moderate" (2%), "Somewhat Liberal" (24%), "Very Liberal" (12%), and "Unsure" (3%).
So, why don't conservative politicians win?
Because the dead don’t participate in polls.
Talk to the secretly liberal wives and sweeties who would never tell their conservative husbands that they voted for the other guy....”Oh it would just make him so upset...”!
Government bennies and college money is just too tempting for otherwise morally conservative women who see such things as benefitting their families and children. It’s a “nesting instinct”...”guys just wouldn’t understand”....!
close to 100% of the media is controlled by the leftists
conservatives don’t win because people do not ever hear what the issues and positions actually are.
The real reason is that many of the self-identified “conservatives” would be savaged as RINOs if they posted on FR.
Because the Dems have the State run Media on their side and both of them cheat. 1 + 1 = 2.
Actually, they do win quite a bit. We lost the presidency because we had a poor candidate and many conservatives sat out the election. But we retained control of the House and hold a substantial majority of state offices (gubernatorial and legislatures) across the nation.
Even amidst the carnage and disaster of the last election, some good Senators were elected -- like Ted Cruz (and easily).
Well the liberal control many of the important offices in the country. Democrats were busy taking over local governments and implementing progressive agendas- while Republicans and Conservatives were being lazy, and going along to get along.
Also- voter fraud.
Also a Chicago Democratic vote making machine.
Also- the GOP elite, which is just as corrupt, has led people into the need to be “cool and hip” and vote for democrats.
” - - - Why, then, do liberals have so much political success? - - - “
Because the GOP Elites endorse the most left-wing registered Republican that wants to lose to a Counterculture Democrat/Socialist.
Karl “Turd Blossom” Rove is already drumming up support to pay the next left-wing Republican Candidate to lose, lose, lose as a fake “Conservative.”
BTW, does anyone know what, if anything, Rove has EVER tried to actually CONSERVE? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????????????
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/02/the_resilient_conservative_majority.html#ixzz2KhErzHhz
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
“So, why don’t conservative politicians win?”
Because liberals cheat.
Rush said yesterday that these things are cyclical and there will be a Conservative comeback. But, quote,....”it may not be in my lifetime”.
It’s as close to telling us time to PANIC as I’ve heard him come.
Variety of reasons..
- Left gets 110%+ turnout in districts that are 60%+ leftist
- Media will always ignore leftist scandals/corruption
- Left will bully the weak and uninformed with fear or guilt
- Leftists will go the extra mile and protest in your face to get attention, conservatives do not
- Left will accept foreign money to finance campaigns
- Many “conservatives” in polls are of the fiscal conservative/social liberal type, so they split their support
- Conservatives have no voice in national politics, so they stay home
- Republicans see conservatives as the reason for their losses
- Conservatives tolerate being beaten into submission while leftists scream and yell when a conservative simply looks at them.
- The fiscal conservative/social liberal crowd thinks nationalism is evil, so they willingly accept anti-American views to show they are tolerant
This is a center-left country.
People may say they lead conservative lives but they still want and love Big Government.
Liberals win because they are the ones counting the votes.
> If Conservatives Outnumber Liberals, Why Do the Libs Succeed?
Conservatives get 1 vote, liberals vote as often as needed and all the dead vote liberal.