It is time that we start to familarize ourselves with The Alinsky Rules .
Once we understand them , we can employ these same tactics and be more effective in getting our message out.
Saul Alinskys 12 Rules for Radicals
<< http://www.bestofbeck.com/wp/activism/saul-alinskys-12-rules-for-radicals >>
1) Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.
Power is derived from 2 main sources money and people.
2) Never go outside the expertise of your people.
It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
3) Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.
Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
4) Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.
If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters.
You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
5) Ridicule is mans most potent weapon.
There is no defense. Its irrational. Its infuriating.
It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
6) A good tactic is one your people enjoy.
Theyll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. Theyre doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
7) A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Dont become old news.
8) Keep the pressure on. Never let up.
Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance.
9) The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
10) If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.
Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
11) The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
Never let the enemy score points because youre caught without a solution to the problem.
12) Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy.
Go after people and not institutions...
Would you like a drink of water?