Skip to comments.20 Of The Most Embarrassing Moments In The History Of The Democrat Party
Posted on 02/23/2013 2:27:32 AM PST by Kaslin
For example, one will virtually never hear that the Palmer Raids, Prohibition, or American eugenics were thoroughly progressive phenomena. These are sins America itself must atone for. Meanwhile, real or alleged conservative misdeeds say McCarthyism are always the exclusive fault of conservatives and a sign of the policies they would repeat if given power. The only culpable mistake that liberals make is failing to fight hard enough for their principles. Liberals are never responsible for historic misdeeds because they feel no compulsion to defend the inherent goodness of America. Conservatives, meanwhile, not only take the blame for events not of their own making that they often worked the most assiduously against, but find themselves defending liberal misdeeds in order to defend America herself. -- Jonah Goldberg
1) The Trail of Tears (1838): The first Democrat President, Andrew Jackson and his successor Martin Van Buren, herded Indians into camps, tormented them, burned and pillaged their homes and forced them to relocate with minimal supplies. Thousands died along the way.
2) Democrats Cause The Civil War (1860): The pro-slavery faction of the Democrat Party responded to Abraham Lincoln's election by seceding, which led to the Civil War.
3) Formation of the KKK (1865): Along with 5 other Confederate veterans, Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest created the KKK.
4) 300 Black Americans Murdered (1868): "Democrats in Opelousas, Louisiana killed nearly 300 blacks who tried to foil an assault on a Republican newspaper editor."
5) The American Protective League and The Palmer Raids (1919-1921): Under the leadership of Woodrow Wilson, criticizing the government became a crime and a fascist organization, the American Protective League was formed to spy on and even arrest fellow Americans for being insufficiently loyal to the government. More than 100,000 Americans were arrested, with less than 1% of them ever being found guilty of any kind of crime.
6) Democrats Successfully Stop Republicans From Making Lynching A Federal Crime (1922): "The U.S. House adopted Rep. Leonidas Dyers (R., Mo.) bill making lynching a federal crime. Filibustering Senate Democrats killed the measure."
7) The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment (1932-1972): Contrary to what you may have heard, Democrats in Alabama did not give black Americans syphilis. However, the experimenters did know that subjects of the experiment unknowingly had syphilis and even after it was proven that penicillin could be used to effectively treat the disease in 1947, the experiments continued. As a result, a number of the subjects needlessly infected their loved ones and died, when they could have been cured.
8) Japanese Internment Camps (1942): Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt issued an executive order that led to more than 100,000 Japanese Americans being put into "bleak, remote camps surrounded by barbed wire and armed guards."
9) Alger Hiss Convicted Of Perjury (1950): Hiss, who helped advise FDR at Yalta and was strongly defended by the Left, turned out to be a Soviet spy. He was convicted of perjury in 1950 (Sadly, the statute of limitations on espionage had run out), but was defended by liberals for decades until the Verona papers proved so conclusively that he was guilty that even most his fellow liberals couldn't continue to deny it.
10) The West Virgina Democrat primary is rigged by John F. Kennedy (1960): From an interview with the late, great Robert Novak.
John Hawkins: You also said that without question, John F. Kennedy rigged the West Virginia Democratic primary in (1960), but that the Wall Street Journal killed the story. Do you think that sort of thing is still occurring with great regularity and do you wish the Journal had reported the story when it happened?
Robert Novak: In my opinion, they should have. They sent two reporters down to West Virginia for six weeks and they came back with a carefully documented story on voter fraud in West Virginia, buying votes, and how he beat Humphrey in the primary and therefore got the nomination. But, Ed Kilgore, the President of Dow Jones and publisher of the Wall Street Journal, a very conservative man, said it wasnt the business of the Wall Street Journal to decide the nominee of the Democratic Party and he killed the story. That story didnt come out for many, many years 30-40 years. It was kept secret all that time.
11) The Bay of Pigs (1961): After training a Cuban militia to overthrow Castro, Kennedy got cold feet and didn't give the men all the air support they were promised. As a result, they were easily defeated by Castro's men and today, Cuba is still ruled by a hostile, anti-American dictatorship.
12) Fire Hoses And Attack Dogs Used On Children (1963): Birmingham, Alabama's notorious Commissioner of Public Safety, Democrat Bull Connor, used attack dogs and fire hoses on children and teenagers marching for civil rights. Ultimately, thousands of them would also be arrested.
13) Escalation In Vietnam (1964): Lyndon Johnson dramatically escalated our troops presence in Vietnam while he simultaneously put political restrictions in place that made the war unwinnable. As a result, 58,000 Americans died in a war that ultimately achieved none of its aims.
14) Stand In The Schoolhouse Door (1963): Democrat George Wallace gave his notorious speech against integrating schools at the University of Alabama in which he said, "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."
15) Chappaquiddick (1969): The Democrats beloved "Liberal Lion" of the Senate, Ted Kennedy ran off the road into a tidal pool with passenger Mary Jo Kopechne in the car. Kennedy swam free and then spent 9 hours plotting how he would reveal the news to the press while she slowly suffocated to death.
16) Democrats Deliver South Vietnam To The North (1975): "In 1975, when there were no Americans left in Vietnam, the left wing of the Democratic Party killed the government of South Vietnam, cut off all of its funding, cut off all of its ammunition, and sent a signal to the world that the United States had abandoned its allies." -- Newt Gingrich
17) The Iranian Hostage Crisis (1979-1981): 52 Americans were held hostage by the government of Iran for 444 days. After Jimmy Carters disastrous, failed rescue attempt, the hostages were finally released after Ronald Reagan's inaugural address.
18) Bill Clinton turns down Osama Bin Laden (1996): In Bill Clinton's own words, "'Mr. bin Laden used to live in Sudan. He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991, then he went to Sudan. And wed been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America.' Bill Clinton explains to a Long Island, N.Y., business group why he turned down Sudans offer to extradite Osama Bin Laden to America in 1996." Had Bill Clinton accepted Sudan's offer, 9/11 would have likely never happened.
19) Bill Clinton was impeached (1998): Clinton became only the 2nd President in American history to be impeached after he lied under oath about his affair with Monica Lewinsky.
20) America loses its AAA credit rating (2011): The United States was first given its AAA credit in 1917, but it couldnt survive Barack Obama's record breaking spending. In 2011, America lost its AAA credit rating.
Democrats are NEVER embarassed. Whenever confronted (very rarely) with a hypocritical action, mistruth, lie, misdeed, etc. they “stick with the lie” and “attack the accuser.”
It has been their schtick for a century or more. It works.
It's pretty bad when this moron misses the top Democrap 20 screw up list ... or Bawney Fwank, or Plugs Biden, or Moo-chelle, or Lurch Kerry, or Bonehead Gore, or the Rev. Jesse, or the Rev. Al, or FDR, or LBJ, or Peanut Brain Carter, or Dirty Harry Reid, or Nasty Pelosi, or Janet Rhino, or Ear-ache Holder, or the Congressional Black Caucus, or the ACLU, or the SEIU, or any number of other inept Rat libtards and libtard organizations!
On a side note, I’ve long held the conviction that if you take the government’s flu shots, eventually they will kill you. I made the mistake of getting their Swine Flu shot back in the mid 70s when I mustered out. It messed me up for a couple of decades.
Yup...on so many levels
In my opinion Waco was a Waterloo event in this country that has gotten us to the point were we are today...and will lead to CWII
I was in the military when I had to get the swine flu shot. Fortunately for me I experienced no problems.
Benghazi is missing - 4 dead Americans while President slept
The Bay of Pigs invasion was put together under Eisenhower and run by the CIA. It would have worked if JFK wasn’t such a druggie.
It was similar to operations the US used in Venezuela and other places to make sure they’d have governments friendly to us.
Mafia involvement in Cuba was a result of JFK trying to assassinate Castro. Ironic that Castro got JFK first and the left made him their hero.
Actually, you could make a pretty good case for including such Democrat legislative triumphs as the graduated income tax, the Federal Reserve, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, ObamaCare, HUD, urban renewal, the Department of Education, and much, much, more.
As if DC needs to import corruption..
I have never believed in the Swine flu shot and found it outrageous to be compared to a pig. The reason why I have gotten the regular flu shot as a senior citizen was because I have Type2 Diabetes. I also protect myself by not shaking hands and staying away from places where a lot of people concentrate. My husband, who is over 4 years older then I and is more susceptible to colds then I am even had his first flu shot later then I had mine. His primary care physician convinced him to take it because of his Aneurism in his Aorta he had in 2000.
Besides the title is: 20 Of The Most Embarrassing Moments In The History Of The Democrat Party.
The screw up list would probably be another subject and the names you mentioned should be in a complete different category like evil rats of the 20th-21st centuries
21. Obama re-elected in November 2012.
Thanks for mentioning that. The diversion of blame from the rightful owners of that debacle, Clinton and his flunkies, to the Bush Republicans, was one of the most succesful criminal diversions of the truth in American political history.
Yes, but there was a lot of Republican support for abortion too from Harry Blackmun and Richard Nixon to Barry Goldwater and John Tower, and at first Ronald Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush.
In the News/Activism forum, on a thread titled 20 Of The Most Embarrassing Moments In The History Of The Democrat Party, EBH wrote:
I don’t really disagree...
but I do think the DNC Convention this year that denied God THREE times should be on this list.
It showed the true hardened-heart of their CONSTITUENCY.
Trying to get that “talked up” is like pulling teeth In all of my pieces on Rove and the GOPES I bring that up. It’s a wedge issue for the Republicans to peal away millions from the Demo-Com party. But Roves RINOS and the GOPES don’t want no part of it.
I have to disagree with the “negativity” towards the Palmer Raids just because it happened under Wilson’s watch . The anarchist movement was unbelievably dangerous and violent. There was the Italian immigrant & anarchist Michael Buda who set the Wall St. bomb in 1919 that killed hundreds. Nicola Sacco probably murdered a paymaster and Vanzetti has been accused by one of his own of murdering a priest in the mid-West. Anarchist mail bombs blew the hands off the maid who answered the door of Palmer’s home. Emma Goldman and Alexander Berkman conspired to murder Henry Clay Frick and, again, the German-Jewish anarchists also accused Berkman of a previous “political” murder. Those raids helped to clean out the rats nest of anarchism.
Anyone interested should read “Anarchist Voices,” by Paul Avrich which blows the lid off the so-called peaceful anarchist movement!!