Here are just some suggestions for Obama ( assuming he were a responsible man <-— I know, I can dream can’t I?)
* Homeland Security could begin by targeting some of the programs identified by Oklahoma Republican Tom Coburn this week.
* Cut grants for a security conference in San Diego that featured “zombie apocalypse training”
* Cut funds for towns like Keene, New Hampshire (pop. 23,000) to purchase armored tank-like vehicles called Bearcats.
* Before furloughing park rangers, maybe start with the 10% of the 75,000 Department of the Interior employees who are conserving the wilderness of Washington, D.C.
* Before slashing cancer research, stop funding the $130-million-a-year National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine that studies herbs and yoga (Why can’t these researches be done with private funds?)
* Cut after-school funding only after consolidating the 105 federal programs meant to encourage kids to take math and science classes.
Here’s one whopper that Obama and his henchmen keep pushing:
You Cant Cut Nonexistent Programs!
The White Houses Office of Management and Budget says the sequester will cut a whopping $2 million from the $20 million budget for the National Drug Intelligence Center. That sounds pretty bad until you realize the Drug Intelligence Center closed its door in June 2012.