Skip to comments.In Minnesota, marriage as we know it is at stake
Posted on 03/09/2013 3:37:54 PM PST by rhema
Even concepts like mother, father are threatened by activist onslaught.
The marriage amendment may have fallen short at the polls in November, but a majority of Minnesotans continue to support marriage as the union of one man and one woman, according to recent polls by KSTP/SurveyUSA and the Star Tribune. In the Star Tribune poll, only 38 percent said they favored legalization of same-sex marriage.
Clearly, the amendment vote wasnt a green light for same-sex marriage, and legislators would be wrong to see it that way. Most likely, voters were spooked by a lavishly funded campaign in which supporters of same-sex marriage warned that placing the current definition of marriage in our state Constitution would end the conversation about marriage.
Now, just months later, these advocates are mounting an aggressive campaign to do just that. They are pressuring the Legislature to pass SF925, a bill described as the marriage between two persons authorization.
More conversation? Who needs it? same-sex marriage supporters seem to say. The issue, they insist, is a no-brainer a simple matter of equality, and the logical next step in the struggle against discrimination. The point is so obvious that anyone who questions their project must be a bigot, and so drummed out of hearing in polite society.
But a look at SF925 reveals that something much more insidious than advocates let on is underway. This bill would strip the words mother and father of meaning under Minnesota law. Henceforth, the bill states, these words among the most beloved and culturally freighted in the English language must be construed in a neutral manner to refer to a person of either gender.
(Excerpt) Read more at startribune.com ...
We are now run completely by democrats. I have no doubts that fag marriage will become the law very soon. There is nothing to stop them.
It was a presidential election. A stupid time to try and run this through, especially in an Obama-mania haven like Minnesota. Try again in the midterm?
Piss em off by saying that you are traditionally married.
“””It was a presidential election. A stupid time to try and run this through, especially in an Obama-mania haven like Minnesota. Try again in the midterm?”””
I believer it was planned that way to excite the liberals and get them to the polls which means more votes for hussein.
We had a lot of out of state fags that “moved” here for one day so they could vote.
“There is nothing to stop them.”
There’s nothing to stop them because you have a defeatist attitude. Change your attitude and confront these leftists. Get in their fat fascist faces and scream at them. Invite them into dark parking lots and read them the riot act. If you can’t do that, then of course there’s nothing to stop them because you haven’t done anything.
No; it is not.
They may try to glom all sorts of weird things under the definition; but calling a dog's tail a leg don't make it have five of them.
Address them as sodomites.
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
This ain't no A.L.I.C.E. situation!