Skip to comments.We Might be Muslim Today if....
Posted on 03/10/2013 12:10:08 AM PST by neverdem
The year is 632 A.D., and Muslim hordes have set their sights on the Mideast and North Africa -- the old Christian world. And the Caliphate, as the Islamic realm is called, will not be denied. Syria and Iraq fall in 636. Palestine is next in 638. And Byzantine Egypt and North Africa, not even Arab lands, are conquered by 642 and 709, respectively. Then, just two years later, the Muslims cross the Strait of Gibraltar and enter Iberia (now Spain and Portugal). The invasion of Europe has begun.
And the new continent seems no impediment to Islam. After vanquishing much of Visigothic Iberia by 718, the Muslims cross the Pyrenees Mountains into Gaul (now France) and move northward. Now it is 732, and they are approaching Tours, a mere 126 miles from Paris. The Western world -- what's left of Christendom -- could very well be on its way to extinction.
Europe is currently easy prey, comprising disunited, often belligerent kingdoms and duchies recently decimated by plague. In contrast, the Islamic world is a burgeoning civilization; so much so, in fact, that it views the Europeans as barbarians. The Muslims also command enormous battle-hardened...
And that is why I defend them today. No, they weren't perfectly executed, nor could they achieve all their objectives any more than the Cold War truly vanquished the left. Evil is always afoot. But note that the Mideast and North Africa had more Christians than Europe at the time of the early Muslim invasions -- but no one to Crusade for them. Thus, it's easy to imagine that, were it not for our hammering medieval heroes, we could well be what the Mideast is today. And unless we shelve multiculturalism and become what those crusaders were yesterday, we may not have a tomorrow.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
“Europe is currently easy prey, comprising disunited, often belligerent kingdoms and duchies recently decimated by plague. In contrast, the Islamic world is a burgeoning civilization; so much so, in fact, that it views the Europeans as barbarians.”
What a PERFECT description of today’s Europe, and not far off for the US.
1) Easy prey: Yep, they’ve thrown away their religion, so they have no basis to fight those from the south.
2) Disunited: Half of Europe, mainly the South, is living off the work of the other half...not very good for long-term survival.
3) Plague: Liberalism...need I say more.
4) Islam Burgeoning: We may not agree on the definition of burgeoning, but Muslims in Europe are becoming stronger and more unified by the day - Islam is DEFINITELY burgeoning there.
5) Europeans as Barbaric: The Europeans are not helping their image with Islam by supporting gay marriage, abortion, divorce, empowerment of women (to the point of emasculating men), and pornography (although they are starting to turn the corner on porno).
History does repeat...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.