If not for the Catholic Church, we would not have the Bible, we would not have survived the Islamic invasion. This was part of Christ’s promise, that the gates of hell would not prevail against it. And that is why to this day we need to support the Church and defeat Islam.
Arabs like to cite the Crusades while ignoring multiple invasions of Europe by Muslims.
Just remember college students, virtually everything your leftist history professor told you about how things happened is probably false. Leftists by nature are virtually incapable of telling the complete truth about anything. They might tell you particulars that are correct, by they cannot and will not tell you the compete truth.
So...with that logic...one could argue that Luther worked hard to suppress several books of scripture. The Catholic Church merely maintains that Scripture is part of the equation...the Church grew exponentially, and many Catholic beliefs were in place way before the same church decided which Books, letters, et all were free from error. Solo Scriptura is a relatively new concept, and has led, sadly, to a fractured Christian family.
And it was explained well by Thomas Madden, Chair of the History Department at Saint Louis University. In "The Real History of the Crusades" he wrote:
... [The Crusades] were not the brainchild of an ambitious pope or rapacious knights but a response to more than four centuries of conquests in which Muslims had already captured two-thirds of the old Christian world. At some point, Christianity as a faith and a culture had to defend itself or be subsumed by Islam. The Crusades were that defense.
And while we are at this discussion, add to the already mentioned historical battles of Vienna [1529 AND 1683], the equally crucial naval engagement of Lepanto in 1571 that turned the Mediterranean Sea from a Muslim lake to a fully disputed arena.
The 1500s, were the second high-water mark of the Islamic conquests, coming after the Mongol conquest of the Middle East that destroyed the Caliphate. With the center of Muslim authority moving then to Istanbul, the Ottoman Empire was intent upon conquering the infidels living next door in Europe. Like many things in history, it was a narrow victory for the West, at least for now.
Today’s invasion of Europe and the West is FUNDED by our ‘democracies’ thru welfare.
We of the West are PAYING for our own destruction.
If the Left manages to take our guns—we are DOOMED.
“Europe is currently easy prey, comprising disunited, often belligerent kingdoms and duchies recently decimated by plague. In contrast, the Islamic world is a burgeoning civilization; so much so, in fact, that it views the Europeans as barbarians.”
What a PERFECT description of today’s Europe, and not far off for the US.
1) Easy prey: Yep, they’ve thrown away their religion, so they have no basis to fight those from the south.
2) Disunited: Half of Europe, mainly the South, is living off the work of the other half...not very good for long-term survival.
3) Plague: Liberalism...need I say more.
4) Islam Burgeoning: We may not agree on the definition of burgeoning, but Muslims in Europe are becoming stronger and more unified by the day - Islam is DEFINITELY burgeoning there.
5) Europeans as Barbaric: The Europeans are not helping their image with Islam by supporting gay marriage, abortion, divorce, empowerment of women (to the point of emasculating men), and pornography (although they are starting to turn the corner on porno).
History does repeat...