Skip to comments.Colorado Senate Approves 5 of 7 Gun Control Bills; Including Magazine Ban (VIDEO)
Posted on 03/11/2013 5:22:56 PM PDT by EXCH54FE
On Monday, the Colorado senate approved five of seven gun control proposals, perhaps marking the end of a bitter battle over gun rights in the Centennial State.
The approval of these new gun laws comes in the wake of the mass shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, and at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, which together reignited the national debate over gun control.
With the help of local Colorado news affiliate KUSA-TV, here is an updated list of the seven proposals:
- UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: House Bill 1229 would add a background-check requirement for many guns sold in private transactions. Passed by the Senate today. The Democratic-sponsored bill has already cleared the House but is headed back for a hearing on an amendment that would allow guns to be repaired without the repair shop owner needing a check.
- MAGAZINE LIMITS: House Bill 1224 limits gun ammunition magazines to 15 rounds. The Democratic-sponsored bill has cleared the House, and passed through the Senate today. It will head back to the House for a hearing on an amendment that limits shotguns to no more than 28 inches worth of shells.
- FIREARM BAN FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE OFFENDERS: Senate Bill 197 would expand a ban on gun ownership for people convicted of certain domestic-violence offenses. The bill passed the Senate today.
- GUN LIABILITY: Senate Bill 196 adds legal liability for gun sellers and owners. The bill faced its first test Monday. Dropped from Senate consideration.
- GUNS ON CAMPUS: House Bill 1226 would end Colorados unusual law barring public college campuses from banning concealed weapons. The Democratic-sponsored bill has already cleared the House. Dropped from Senate consideration.
(Excerpt) Read more at guns.com ...
Whathehell does this mean?
Welcome to Texas Magpul!
They can kiss Magpul goodbye.
The list, Ping
Let me know if you would like to be on or off the ping list
Hope the Demonrats enjoy all those millions of dollars going to other states.
Magpul, lead the way.
Colorado Democrats’ new laws won’t prevent a single new massacre.
But it will prevent the good guys from defending themselves and their families.
Adding more control laws on the statute books won’t stop criminals.
Told you people, they don’t care if they all get thrown out of office. Ball-less Republicans will never repeal the fascist laws the Democrats pass. They don’t want to be criticized by the liberal press, it hurts their feelings.
History always repeats itself.
Be prepared, a national Reichstag moment is coming.
I dunno. Is it 28 inches end to end or 28 inches side by side? Could be ammo boxes piled on top of each other. Any clarification on this?
I cancelled my NRA Range Development Course Seminar for early April.....Colorado just lost about $5k from me for 2 weeks stay.
I’ll wait until October when VA has the course again.
In addition, we are NOT going to CO for our yearly camping trip. We will fill up for gas in KS.
I certainly hope so.
Imagine all the tourist and outitter’s revenue they are about to lose. I bet it didn’t occur to them. Bet they repeal the new legislation when they notice how much $$$$ they are losing.
It works out to 10 rounds of 2 3/4” stuff.
PING to post #11
Sounds right. They don’t want the Saigas or bullpups that can handle more than that. Even at 3 inches you get 9. At 3.5 inch it’s less, but not aware of any tac shotgun using 3.5 inch shells anyway.
We’ll skip golfing trips there as well.
What happens when liberals take over a state.
We’ve watched it here in Virginia as the DC suburbs and their massive growth from gov. spending, bureaucrats & contractors (dependents) have started to outnumber us in the rest of the commonwealth.
We really need to separate. If we can have Virginia and West Virginia, and North and South Carolina and Dakota - why not North Virginia? Let the Marxists have their own state.
I want my state back.
Heck, I want my country back. Let the libs have all their blue states. (with apologies to all my conservative friends who live in them.....)
It is apparent that they are calling our bluff. What are we going to do is the question.