Skip to comments.The 20 Best Quotes from CPAC 2013
Posted on 03/19/2013 5:05:28 AM PDT by Kaslin
20) I was told I got 10 measly minutes, but just in case, I brought 13 hours worth of material. -- Rand Paul
19) American Journalism is dead They have behaved like hockey goalies in front of Barack Obamas net. -- Roger Noriega
18) The GOP of old has grown old and moss covered. -- Rand Paul
17) If standing for liberty and the Constitution makes you a Wacko Bird, then count me a proud Wacko Bird. -- Ted Cruz
16) If these experts keep losing elections, keep raking in millions, if they feel that strongly about who should run in this party they should buck up and run or stay in the truck. The architects can head on back to the Lone Star State and put their name on the ballot. -- Sarah Palin
15) "To understand where we are as a movement and our path forward, we must remember that there is a distinction between the Republican Party and the conservative movement. National Republican leaders have not advanced a conservative agenda for almost 20 years. Not since the first few years of the Republican revolution in the 1990s when welfare reform and a balanced budget were passed have Republicans in Congress seriously championed conservative ideas." -- Jim DeMint
14) Jeb Bush, about those proposed tax increases of yours. Apparently you didnt get the memo that when Republicans agree to raise taxes if Democrats will agree to cut spending, one side always keeps its word, and the other always breaks it. You also need to do some research on what happens to Bush family members who raise taxes. -- Brent Bozell
13) People say both Obama and I have trouble laughing at ourselves. We cant laugh at ourselves. That would be racist! -- Bobby Jindal
12) Mr. President, we admit it. You won. Accept it. Now step away from the teleprompter and do your job. -- Sarah Palin
11) I told the President, I want to be clear, I have no plans to run for President. I mean come on, what chance does a a skinny guy with a dark complexion and funny name have to run for President of the United States? -- Bobby Jindal
10) My quarrel is not with the legitimate role of government but with the unlimited role of government. -- Rick Perry
9) Theyre awful people, Democrats. Every time a woman has a child out of wedlock, Democrats think, Oh great! Another Democratic voter!Every time a family gets divorced, Fantastic, another Democratic voter! Every time someone loses his job, Fantastic, another Democratic voter! -- Ann Coulter
8) I say not one penny more to countries that are burning our flag. -- Rand Paul
7) When you have the Chief of Staff of the Republican National Committee and the political director of the Romney campaign, and their two companies get $150 million at the end of the campaign for the 'fantastic' get-out-the-vote program some of this borders on RICO [the 1970 Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act] violations. -- Pat Caddell
6) We believe the president and first family deserve the best security, to live in the White House, and fly on a private plane. But there are five chefs on Air Force One, she said to resounding boos. There are two projectionists who operate the White House movie theater and even sleep in the White House in case the first family wants to watch a late show. I hate to be petty here, but cant they just press the play button? We are paying someone to walk the presidents dog, but we cant pay for a veteran to go on a White House tour? -- Michele Bachmann
5) "You keep your advice. We'll keep our guns. The one thing a violent rapist deserves to face is a good woman with a gun." -- Wayne LaPierre
4) There are many negative consequences to amnesty, but the one that I think ought to concern this crowd is that if amnesty goes through, America becomes California and no Republican will ever win another national election. -- Ann Coulter
3) We need a Republican Party that shows up on the South side of Chicago and shouts at the top of our lungs, We are the party of jobs and opportunity! The GOP is the ticket to the middle class. -- Rand Paul
2) I dont know why Republicans keep saying we have to cut spending to save these entitlements for our grandchildren. We have to cut spending to save these entitlement programs for 45 year-olds. On our current spending rate, 45 year-olds will not receive any Medicare. -- Ann Coulter
1) There is nothing conservative about bailing out Wall Street. Likewise, there is nothing progressive about billion dollar loans to millionaires to build solar panels. -- Rand Paul
‘He got the rifle, I got the rack’
I vote 7. & 3. as the best. Unless conservatives capture urban voters we’re cooked.
“There are many negative consequences to amnesty, but the one that I think ought to concern this crowd is that if amnesty goes through, America becomes California and no Republican will ever win another national election. — Ann Coulter
We’re already pretty much there, Ann.
My favorite is not on the list:Dr. Ben Carson when talking about those who would question his credentials economics and other common sense issues...Its not brain surgery,
...surprised the “donation” to Morocco of 27 Millon US tax dollars so the Moroccan Pottery industries can teach their workers how to make pottery...WHILE they cut tuition aid to the military didn’t make the list anywhere.
There is nothing conservative about bailing out Wall Street. Likewise, there is nothing progressive about billion dollar loans to millionaires to build solar panels.
That’s a good line, but he’s wrong. Billion dollar loans to millionaires to build solar panels is VERY progressive.
She certainly does.
I reached the conclusion some time ago that the word “progressive” applies to political belief systems in much the same way it applies to diseases. It denotes something destructive.
I still haven’t found video of Pat Caddells comments at CPAC online yet, but I’m still looking.