you just can’t help but push amnesty on another thread can you.
How about border security and deportations?
Text of Rand Paul’s comments
He says they’ll blend into the culture.
They’ll learn English with all the wimps around here and in leadership apologizing to them that we’re not learning Spanish quickly enough.
How about they can’t vote?
This is a travesty and it is totally, totally out of control.
There is no such thing as “probationary” legal status
The “probation” thing will be thrown out in a heartbeat, heck I would throw that out.
OK I just heard Rand on the Hannity radio show and when Hannity asked him if border security would be first,
RAND SAID NOOOOOOO
The illegals would get work visas right away. Then we would work on border security. Congress is going to vote on whether the border is secure, what a joke!!
He told a heart warming story of when he was a young man working with illegals doing roofing jobs etc. That was a long time ago and really has no basis with illegal aliens today.
Here is a solution.
Mandatory 4 years in the military or a lifetime of not being able to vote in any election.
Or you may go home and apply for citizenship after a 4 year wait.
How about visa enforcement as well -- and he can start now.
Because Paul's is a political speech, I think it's relevant to consider Neruda's political views. Neruda was a Communist. That's not the political culture I want to "infuse" the American spirit. (Persons who aren't familiar with Neruda can confirm this in Wikipedia -- "During his lifetime, Neruda occupied many diplomatic positions and served a stint as a senator for the Chilean Communist Party.")
Another anti-American supporter of Communism. He's an admirer of Castro and "and for many years was denied visas by U.S. immigration authorities" (until Clinton overruled them). [Wikipedia]
I've read his novel One Hundred Years of Solitude (in Spanish), and though I enjoyed the humor at times, I consider it a step backward toward primitive irrationality.
The solution is simple and evident, yet everyone avoids/evades it. Here is the RIGHT plan:
1) Secure the border.
2) Declare a date certain, within 6 months, by which date every illegal must register and set a date, within the following 6 months, for processing within their legal country.
3) If stopped, for any reason, the person must have their registration with their upcoming processing date, or proof of legal entry. If they do not, they will be deported immediately and NEVER given the opportunity to return - FOR ANY REASON!
4) The illegal makes a choice. If they aspire to US citizenship, they must return to their legal country and go through the normal process, no shortcuts, no promises.
5) If they do not aspire to US citizenship they return to their country by the date stipulated on their registration papers, apply for legal resident status, allow for vetting and background legal checks. Possibly allow for expedited processing if they have family in the US and a job. But in no case will these people EVER be granted US citizenship, and in no case will they EVER be allowed to become wards of the state or receive any kind of government assistance. They will never be allowed to VOTE! NOTE: Anchor baby OFF! Their decendants will not be granted citizenship by virtue of being born in the US.
6) If a legal resident (non-citizen) commits a felony or certain types of misdemeanors (like attempting to vote), they will be deported and NEVER granted re-entry for ANY reason (even if their child is dying and needs their kidney to live...they will need to ship the kidney or ship the child).
7) If a legal resident commits an act whereby another person suffers loss, they must either make full restitution or be deported, as in #6 above. A third occurance will require restitution by seizure AND deportation.
Will they all register? No. But most will. And over time, the ones who didn’t register would be forcibly shipped home. And most importantly, most of them will choose the non-citizen option - thwarting the political designs of the dems.