Skip to comments.Malloy weighs in on Newtown investigation
Posted on 03/21/2013 3:10:00 PM PDT by matt04
Gov. Dannel Malloy has weighed in on the ongoing investigation into the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown in December.
"Like many others, I was disappointed and angered to learn that certain information about the Newtown shooting had been leaked, specifically with concern for the victim's families who may have been hearing this news for the first time," Malloy said.
Malloy said he contacted the Chief State's Attorney's Office and they agreed to release additional information that is relevant to the investigation and to provide information about where the investigation currently stands.
"As to what information can reasonably be shared at this time, that is a question that must be left to the State's Attorney and other law enforcement," Malloy said. "As a former prosecutor, I'm sensitive to the need for an independent investigation and believe that we must allow their work to continue without any undue interference."
State Republican House Leader Larry Cafero had called on investigators to give lawmakers a detailed report on their findings in order to help them draft legislation.
Malloy, in his statement, lashed out at Cafero.
"To Mr. Cafero and those others I must ask: what more could you possibly need to know? We know for a fact that on Dec. 14, a very disturbed young man took a military-style rifle with high-capacity magazines into a school and murdered 20 innocent children and six innocent adults. We know he had access to that weapon and others, although they were registered to someone else."
Malloy said the vast majority of people here in Connecticut can all agree on one "simple, common-sense thing we can do right now: ban the sale of the weapon he used, to outlaw the high-capacity magazines he used, and to put in place systems that will make it much more difficult for a weapon like that to fall into the wrong hands."
Malloy is a Dictator wannabe.
He really needs to prove his innocence.
“Information” is what lawmakers don’t use when they set out to violate the Second Amendment.
Notice, not one suggestion about what to do about very disturbed young men.
As I pointed out to a far left friend of mine, even if the leftist wet dream came true, that every gun on the planet vanished, as well as any memory that such a thing ever existed, disturbed young men would remain, and would find other means by which to go out in a blaze of glory, taking as many innocents as they could along with them.
Malloy left out two equally "common sense" ideas: Ban the make of car he drove to the school, and ban the wearing of boxers if the shooter wore boxers.
No data, but I suspect that a “vast majority” does not support a ban on weapons which can fire 10 rounds without reloading which Malloy’s stooges on the Sandy hook commission recommended
How do we know he used a rifle? He had one but he had pistols too. If they lose control of the narrative and it turns out that no “Assault Weapon” was used, the wind goes out of their sails for a ban.
Yeah, by killing her and stealing the weapons. Clearly logical rationality is not one of the Governor's qualities.
How innocent were they if they were union teachers?
As far as I can tell all these statements are based of a Quinnipiac poll from March 8th. The “poll” of 1,009 registered (Dem?) voters claims 93% was Universal Background checks.
We as citizens have every right to know about the findings of the investigation, especially in view of the certainty that the callous murder of innocents by a mad man will be used to deprive us of our God given freedoms. To paraphrase a well worn liberal saying, "Information delayed is information denied".
In vulgar language - "F$$k you, Governor". Your political agenda does not trump our rights, under any circumstances, for any reason.
Gun permits are up in Newtown.
High capacity had nothing to do with it. Lanza only used half of the magazine capacity. He changed mags after about 15 rounds.
Not conceding background checks. Background checks can be used to deny permits for frivolous reasons by police chiefs. Not to mention the invasion of privacy.
Stupid election stealer has no right to pass judgement on anyone. If the dems and union thugs were not in charge of Connecticut he would not be governor.
“How do we know he used a rifle?”
Because the police and medical examiners have said he used a rifle.
I have not seen a singke official autopsy released. Have you?
I wonder what the state is trying to hide.
IIRC, a verbal statement from the Medicinal Examiner said most were hit by a .223 round.
More specifically, if Bridgeport didn’t “accidentally” run out of ballots, have more copies made in the Dem mayors office and have voting extended.
There’s a good reason legislation should be based on official findings of fact. To my knowledge no official finding has concluded a rifle was used. It may be so but Malloy wants to jump to conclusions and rush legislation through without factual basis.
How do YOU know that???
As far as I can tell, the only official news about the investigation to the public was several press conferences in the days following the shooting. About all those confirmed were the victims, the shooter and a few basic facts, i.e confirming Lanza shot up school, killed his mother etc.
What Malloy so angrily reacted to was a unofficial release of parts of the the case. It appears that all he cares about is someone killed kids and teachers with a scary gun in a school.
It’s been in the news reports from early on that he used as few as 15 rounds out his 30 round magazines.
Kind of a grammatically odd title to this Connecticut State Police statement released on January 18, 2013. . . i.e. “weapons used in Sandy Hook investigation”. Then at the bottom of the page. . . “Content Last Modified on 3/13/2013”. I wonder what was changed?
I believe the Canta shotgun referred to is known as Saiga in the U.S. ...also, Saigas can have the Russian spelling stamped on them, and Canta is what someone thinks the Cyrillic letters look like if compared to English letters.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2013
** UPDATE **
STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;
In previous press conferences, the Connecticut State Police clearly identified all of the weapons seized from the crime scene at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
To eliminate any confusion or misinformation, we will again describe and identify the weapons seized at the school crime scene.
Seized inside the school:
#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber— model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round magazine
#2. Glock 10 mm handgun
#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun
Seized from suspects car in parking lot:
#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)
The shooter used the Bushmaster .223 to murder 20 children and six adults inside the school; he used a handgun to take his own life inside the school. No other weapons were used in this crime. This case remains under investigation.
Lt. J. Paul Vance
Content Last Modified on 3/13/2013 3:34:09 PM
Link to January 18, 2013, Connecticut State Police statement.
None of these hotshot investigators even recognize Cyrillic lettering?
That's SAIGA, dumbfucks!!!!!!
And these are the retards who want to tell us what to do?!
>>”As a former prosecutor, I’m sensitive to the need for an independent investigation and believe that we must allow their work to continue without any undue interference.”
Why all the secrecy? I mean unless there is some compelling info that the Lanza kid did NOT act alone, what are they investigating with regards to a prosecution?
The killer is dead. His mom is dead. His father lives out of state and did not have custody...so WTF, who are you investigating?
>> “ a verbal statement from the Medicinal Examiner said most were hit by a .223 round.” <<
He was not under oath so I presume that he was deflecting with that statement. He used no specificity of any kind.
That is what politicos do.
And that’s sufficient for you to believe is the truth???
Show me any story in the media or statement from the state police that says anything to the contrary or to correct that statement.....
No, but they have made several official statements that the rifle was the murder weapon.
The state already said that no autopsies will be released -- only the CoD.
Good luck further down the road with your blind folders on believing EVERYTHING printed like the S.H. shooting or like Benghazi slaughtering four Americans!!!
God help us, please???
If you can’t see the difference between Benghazzi and Sandy Hook reporting, then you need to put your computer away and finish your Ensure.
No I don’t see any difference, because that how your beloved State Run Propaganda media runs. Just keep on following them in their foot steps and some day you MAYBE(???) will wake up from sticking your head in the sand. OSTRICH!!!
The non-investigation of Benghazzi was conducted by the Federal Government under Obama and Hillary.
Who conducted the Sandy Hook investigation???
Who held immediate press conferences and took questions and answered questions?
Who corrected media reports when they were wrong???
Whose information regarding SH has not been disputed???
Yeah, and where have your sooooo trusted media been here???
Yeah, I "know" how "sad and upset" Robbie Parker and other "parents" must be over the "loss" of these "children."
Most likely their lies and other deceptive BS.
Nothing regarding Sandy Hook makes any sense at all.
Gene Rosen, Robbie Parker, Sally Cox, Soto's brother.... ALL LIARS AND FAKERS.
Not one single genuine tear shed during ANY INTERVIEWS. In fact, I see laughing, joking, snarky smiles and other totally inappropriate behavior from these "grieving people" and "witnesses."
Don't believe me? Watch ANY interview with these sordid losers, and you will see their chicanery for yourself.
I know one of the parents was so distraught with grief he was able to travel the country to expansion his grief to law makers in several states and DC.
None of their crap makes any sense at all.
They are all lying and faking, and there is video of one of the kids acknowledging that Sandy Hook was a drill:
That kid in the interview clearly was goaded along by "Dr. Oz" and then his answers sounded like something previously rehearsed.
If it's perfectly and socially acceptable to parade around the country singing songs and dancing after witnessing one of the biggest "mass murders in history," then perhaps we can expect the survivors of the Fort Hood massacre to sing Call Me Maybe at the Grammys next year?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.