Skip to comments.President Peres Honors Obama with President's Medal
Posted on 03/21/2013 3:47:44 PM PDT by haffast
President Shimon Peres bestowed the President's Medal upon U.S. President Barack Obama Thursday evening, in the course of a ceremonial dinner in Obama's honor at the President's Residence. The medal was given to Obama for his unique contribution to Israel's security.
The ceremony took place in the course of a gala dinner at the President's Residence that will include the prime minister and his wife, various representatives of the Israeli public and senior members of the U.S. administration.
Israel's recently selected beauty queen, an Ethiopian Jew, was also in attendance.
"Your visit here is a historic event. We are so happy to receive you and your distinguished delegation. I am very glad to see Secretary Kerry. A reassuring friend. John, I know you and I know you will be successful. I am not sure that the prophets had speech-writers. But if they did, I imagine Isaiah would have said as he had said: "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news. Who proclaim peace. Who bring good tidings. Who proclaim salvation." Well, you'll have to be satisfied with my diet language.
"It is my privilege to present you with our countrys highest honor, the Medal of Distinction. This award speaks to your tireless work to make Israel strong. And peace possible. Your presidency has given the close ties between Israel and the United States a new height. A sense of intimacy. A vision for the future. The people of Israel are particularly moved by your unforgettable contribution to their security. To defending our skies. To the collaboration in the domain of intelligence, which is the right way to preempt bloodshed. The diplomatic and military bonds between us have reached an unprecedented level.
(Excerpt) Read more at israelnationalnews.com ...
As disgusting as this is - it’s even more disgusting that it was negotiated beforehand which further implies that this is something that was asked i.e. demanded by the kenyan. It’s pretty much like Hitler or Göring demanding that the Warsaw ghetto award them a freedom medal during a visit.
Anything to rescue his falling poll ratings here.
I wonder if the medal is radioactive?
I think this is part of Israel’s plan to box in Obozo...the Israelis make it look like Obozo is REALLY on their side.
I’m trying not to shroke but its almost impossible. Think how Peres must have felt.
I don’t know how Perez stopped from puking.
Isn’t it about time for Obama to get another Nobel Prize?
I first thought this was satire, but NOOOO!!! Here is the quote from the video:
You really can't make this stuff up. Unreal!
"Your visit here is a historic event. We are so happy to receive you and your distinguished delegation. I am very glad to see Secretary John Kerry. A reassured friend. John, I know you are, and I know you will be successful.
[Pause - Peres appears to redirect his words toward Obama]
I am not sure that the prophets have had speech-writers. [laughter] But if they had, I imagine Isaiah would have said - but actually he has said, in that occasion, and I am quoting him: "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news. Who proclaim peace. Who bring good tidings. Who proclaim salvation." Well, you'll have to be satisfied with my diet language; I cannot speak like him.
1. Awake, awake; put on your strength, O Zion; put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; from now on there shall no more come to you the uncircumcised and the unclean:
2. Shake yourself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem; loose yourself from the bands of your neck, O captive daughter of Zion:
3. For thus says the Lord, You have sold yourselves for nothing; and you shall be redeemed without money:
4. For thus says the Lord God, My people went down the first time to Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause:
5. Now therefore, what have I here, says the Lord, that my people is taken away for nothing? Those who rule over them howl, says the Lord; and my name continually every day is blasphemed:
6. Therefore my people shall know my name; therefore they shall know in that day that I am he who speaks; behold, here I am:
7. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace; who brings good news of good, who announces salvation; who says to Zion, Your God reigns:
8. The voice of your watchmen is heard; together shall they sing; for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord returns to Zion:
9. Break forth into joy, sing together, you ruins of Jerusalem; for the Lord has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem:
10. The Lord has made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God:
11. Depart, depart, go out from there, touch no unclean thing; go out from her midst; be clean, you who bear the utensils of the Lord:
12. For you shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight; for the Lord will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rear guard:
13. Behold, my servant shall prosper, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high:
14. As many were astonished at you; saying His appearance is too marred to be that of a man, and his forms to be that of the sons of men:
15. So shall he startle many nations; kings shall shut their mouths at him; for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they perceive:
The medal is just a diplomatic courtesy, nothing more. Last June when Shimon Peres was in Washington, Obama awarded him the Presidential Medal of Frredom; now Peres is returning the favor.
This should have had a barf warning.
And Mr. Perez would do well for himself and his nation to heed Isaiah 5:20: “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”
“The medal was given to Obama for his unique contribution to Israel’s security.”
Okay, this a spoof, right; some kind of satire?
Has to be - it’s simply too ludicrous to be real....
sounds a like a joke to me
So the clown-car president manages to get another worthless unearned medal...meh.
he will bedecked better than a North Korean General
Goofy idiot medal. Outstanding. Bravo.
"...The medal was given to Obama for his unique contribution to Israel's security..."
That's one way of putting it:
May 20, 2011
"PM Netanyahu gets the back door by Obama again, PS give up your country"