Skip to comments.7 Liberal Hypocrites Who Call For Gun Control While Being Protected By Guns
Posted on 03/23/2013 4:35:00 AM PDT by Kaslin
One of the great ironies of the gun control debate is that everyone who calls for gun control still wants a man with a gun protecting him. Every governor in America has armed security. You have to go through a metal detector guarded by men with guns to get into the Capitol building. Barack Obama has hundreds of Secret Service agents carrying fully automatic weapons who protect his safety. Even run-of-the-mill Democrats who want to take guns away from everyone else will unhesitatingly put up the phone and call the police if they feel threatened -- so that a man with a gun can show up and make them safe.
But, if a man in a bad neighborhood wants a gun to make his family safe, a rape victim wants a gun to be protected, or just the average Joe wants a gun in case his life is endangered by a burglar, thug or the next Adam Lanza, these same people want to take their guns away. Pro-gun control Democrats may think we have an "upper class" that deserves to be protected with guns while it's okay if the "peons" get shot, but that goes against the core of what America is supposed to be. If your child's life is in danger, you should have every bit as much of a right and opportunity to defend his life as the Secret Service does to defend the President of the United States when he's threatened.
Unfortunately, there are some people in this country who apparently believe they're so special, so elite, so much better than the rest of the "riff-raff," that they should have a right to be protected even if you don't.
1) The Journal-News: The Journal News printed "the names and addresses of gun permit holders in Rockland and Westchester counties" as its way of taking a dig at gun owners. But, this attitude about guns certainly did change when the shoe was on the other foot.
Veritas video reporter James OKeefe has released a new video of his team posing as an anti-gun group promoting an initiative to journalists.
At each home, the group dubbed as Citizens Against Senseless Violence asks homeowners if they are willing to put up a Gun Free sign in their yard.
OKeefe primarily focuses his efforts on employees of the Journal-News the New York newspaper that published a controversial map of registered gun owners online.
Armed security welcomes the Veritas team at some of the homes - as some of the newspaper's employees felt threatened once bloggers retaliated by posting their names and addresses online.
2) Dianne Feinstein: She introduced the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 in the Senate.
"I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon and I made the determination if somebody was going to try and take me out, I was going to take them with me." -- Dianne Feinstein
3) Mark Kelly, the husband of Former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-AZ): "Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an assault weapon, he called it)which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.
Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at a gun store in Tucson, Arizona.
Testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee January 30, Kelly had urged senators to restrict sales of firearms based on their lethalitya common refrain with other witnesses that day who argued that semi-automatic weapons, which chamber subsequent rounds as bullets are fired, and other guns with military-style features, level the playing field against law enforcement.
Kelly and Giffords founded their own advocacy group to restrict gun rights, Americans for Responsible Solutions, in January.
...Similarly, the ARS website says: Congress should act to limit the sale of assault weapons."
4) Shania Twain: Shania Twain didn't exactly have a shotgun wedding....in Puerto Rico ... but it sure was a pistol -- as in what the guards were packing on the beach during the ceremony, TMZ.com reports.
Were told there were 'several armed security guards.'
...But heres the thing about the privileged Ms. Twain employing armed guards (lawbreaking or otherwise) in the first placeshes a big advocate of infringements against those of us who cant afford an armed security presence and must rely on being our own first line of defense.
She was one of the signers...of the Handgun Control, Inc. (since changed to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, to help mask their intentions) Open Letter to the NRA, a full page ad published in USA Today."
5) Rosie O'Donnell: "On her television show, April 19, 1999,ODonnell had this to say about gun owners: I dont care if you want to hunt. I dont care if you think its your right. I say, Sorry. It is 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison. Several months later, a bodyguard in her employ applied for a concealed gun permit from the Greenwich (Connecticut) Police Department. When queried about whether her bodyguard should carry a gun on May 24, 2000, she said, 'I dont personally own a gun, but if you are qualified, licensed and registered, I have no problem.'"
6) Sarah Brady: "Gun-control advocate Sarah Brady bought her son a powerful rifle for Christmas...and may have skirted Delaware state background-check requirements, the Daily News has learned. Brady reveals in a new memoir that she bought James Brady Jr. a Remington.
30-06, complete with scope and safety lock, at a Lewes, Del., gun shop. "I can't describe how I felt when I picked up that rifle, loaded it into my little car and drove home," she writes. "It seemed so incredibly strange: Sarah Brady, of all people, packing heat.
"Brady became a household name as a crusader for stricter gun-control laws after her husband, James, then the White House press secretary, was seriously wounded in a 1981 assassination attempt on then-President Ronald Reagan."
7) Michael Moore: He's a staunch advocate of gun control who has gone so far as to suggest that merely owning a gun is racism, " But on this particular day, on Martin Luther King Day, I think this needs to be said. That imaginary person thats going to break into your home and kill you, who does that person look like? You know, its not freckle-faced Jimmy down the street, is it really? I mean, thats not what really, thats not what really people, we never really want to talk about the racial or the class part of this, in terms of how its the poor or its people of color that we imagine that were afraid of. Why are we afraid? What is that, and its been a fear that has existed for a very, very long time." -- Michael Moore
Yet, Michael Moore has an armed bodyguard. We know because that bodyguard was arrested carrying his weapon.
Filmmaker Michael Moores bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New Yorks JFK airport....
I didn’t know about Shania Twain. That really surprises me!
I was well aware of the other hypocrites!
The only thing that got shot around Shania Twain was her career.
Must be nice to work in an office building protected by armed security.
Must be nice to send your kids to private schools protected by armed security .
Must be nice to travel with armed bodyguards.
The rest of us have to fend for ourselves, but now they want to take even that away from us.
If there is another revolution, these hypocrites should be forced to wear sandwich signs that say ...
“Armed security for me and mine,
“Gun-free zones for thee and thine.”
The ruling elite makes rules for the ordinary herd while living high off the hog on our money and scorning us.
I wonder how Rosie will react when the Feds tell her she can’t drink Big Gulps or eat snack cakes after they ban guns? I bet she’ll go Hanoi Jane then...lol
I didn’t either
Maybe it was for Gabby's own use!
When Bloomberg is visiting his vacation home in Bermuda, his security guards are allowed to have guns, although most guns are banned in Bermuda.
Hadn’t seen that pic before. So is that Gabby with a Feinstein “illegal” black weapon?
Want to know if those pics are for real...
The comedian, washed up, former comedian, Jim Carey is seeking attention according to drudges page this evening with a new song about gun owners....
Sad to hear Shania has now proven herself stupid. She an American citizen ? Wasn’t she from Canookistan or Switzerland ?
Vote with our dollars until the next election
Stay safe ...
They were verified as real a few days ago here on FR and other web sites.
Why is a Tucson cop in camo? Is he going to blend in with the urban landscape?
Hey , someone has to pay for the VP’s half-a-million-dollar a night hotel stays in Paris.
As for you, just shoot baddies through a door with your shotgun.