Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Oklahoma Gun Owner Defends Home: I Just Put Three Rounds in his A** (911 AUDIO)
Guns.Com ^ | Mar. 23, 2013 | S.H. Blannelberry

Posted on 03/23/2013 7:35:54 PM PDT by EXCH54FE

On Thursday, during the predawn hours of the morning, an Oklahoma gun owner defended his home while on the phone with a 911 dispatcher, proving once again that when seconds count the police are minutes away.

The homeowner, whose name has not been released, is heard on the call pleading with the dispatcher to send help immediately as the intruder was kicking down his front door.

Though, he made it pretty clear that if police didn’t arrive in the very near future, he’d take matters into his own hands.

“You better get these *expletive* here or they will die,” the man told the dispatcher.

“They’re beating on my front door right now,” he continued.

“Okay, we’ve got them on the way,” the dispatcher replied.

The intruder did not stop beating on the door. He eventually kicked it in and (to his great displeasure) was shot three times, once in the face.

“I just put three rounds in his ass,” said the homeowner, who seemed both relieved and distraught over the encounter.

The Ponca City Police arrived on the scene right after the shots were fired. They were too late

(Excerpt) Read more at guns.com ...


TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Culture/Society; News/Current Events; US: Oklahoma
KEYWORDS: banglist; guncontrol; secondamendment; selfdefense
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-122 next last
After hearing the call, what’s your take? Was the use of force reasonable? Or did the homeowner shoot the intruder too many times, as Mrs. Carney suggested?
1 posted on 03/23/2013 7:35:54 PM PDT by EXCH54FE
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: EXCH54FE
Less talk would be good. 911 is for when the backhoe won't start.

/johnny

2 posted on 03/23/2013 7:38:45 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: EXCH54FE

If someone kicks in your door, I believe you can shoot as many times and use whatever force you like.


3 posted on 03/23/2013 7:40:30 PM PDT by demshateGod (The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: JRandomFreeper

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHA!


4 posted on 03/23/2013 7:41:09 PM PDT by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: demshateGod

Just be sure all the entry wounds are in front. An entry wound in the back will get you in trouble


5 posted on 03/23/2013 7:42:46 PM PDT by Mom MD (A million people attended Obamas inauguration. 14 of them actually missed work)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: EXCH54FE
I'd say shoot until they stop coming after you..but that's just me.

The never said what the guy was after...

6 posted on 03/23/2013 7:42:48 PM PDT by Earthdweller (Harvard won the election again...so what's the problem.......? Embrace a ruler today.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: EXCH54FE

According to DHS, doesn’t the acceptable use of force in such circumstances involve scissors and/or urinating on yourself?


7 posted on 03/23/2013 7:44:57 PM PDT by Ouchthatonehurt ("When you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Earthdweller

Exactly right. You shoot until the threat stops. It’s not just you.


8 posted on 03/23/2013 7:45:07 PM PDT by Puppage (You may disagree with what I have to say, but I shall defend to your death my right to say it)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: EXCH54FE
The Ponca City Police arrived on the scene right after the shots were fired. They were too late. The intruder, who was in an obvious amount of pain, was transported to a local hospital.

LMFAO. I'd say there weren't late at all!!!

Right on time, coppers!!!

9 posted on 03/23/2013 7:49:07 PM PDT by Gluteus Maximus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Puppage

Keep shooting ‘til the cops arrive. Stop long enough to make sure your dog is in his kennel or locked in another room.


10 posted on 03/23/2013 7:50:12 PM PDT by Daffynition (The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted. — D.H.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Earthdweller
I'd say shoot until they stop coming after you..but that's just me.

me too, he'll soon find out how man bullets my gun holds....law enforcement officers are trained to shot to kill....if you fire your gun at all, you are not Gene Autry and you don't try to shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand....you shoot, he dies.

11 posted on 03/23/2013 7:51:45 PM PDT by terycarl
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: EXCH54FE

The three rounds was not excessive. If he had dropped dead after the first round maybe the two additional shots would have been unnecessary. You never know when one of these creatures is hopped up on meth!

The following is an extract from the linked article:

“....another neighbor, Carla Carney, believes that the use of force was excessive, that the homeowner did not need to fire his weapon three times....”

Perhaps the self righteous Ms Carney should post, in her front yard, a prominent sign that would read something along the lines of “OCCUPANTS HERE DON’T BELIEVE IN USING EXCESSIVE FORCE AGAINST HOME INVADERS”. That way home invaders would be less likely to target her neighbors and go for the less dangerous Ms Carney’s house instead—and I would no longer consider her to be a likely hypocrite.


12 posted on 03/23/2013 7:54:22 PM PDT by House Atreides
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: EXCH54FE
States with strong Castle Doctrine and stand-your-ground laws include: Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and Washington.
13 posted on 03/23/2013 7:54:53 PM PDT by Daffynition (The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted. — D.H.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: bigheadfred
SSS is good philosophy, well thought out by taciturn men that had time to consider the question.

/johnny

14 posted on 03/23/2013 7:56:19 PM PDT by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: EXCH54FE

Sounds like a good shoot but.....

He ran his mouth too much to the 911 dispatcher. Perp is still alive, home owner may want to rethink his weapon and caliber selection. If perp survives there will probaby be a lawsuit based on the home owners, “I’m going to kill him” comment to the 911 dispatcher.

You shoot to stop the threat. If the perp dies after being shot 4 times with my .40 caliber 165 gr Gold Dot hollow points that’s unfortunate for him but I was merely defending myself. Killing the perp was not my intent.


15 posted on 03/23/2013 7:56:32 PM PDT by MtBaldy (If Obama is the answer, it must have been a really stupid question)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Gluteus Maximus
LOL


16 posted on 03/23/2013 7:57:05 PM PDT by Daffynition (The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted. — D.H.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: terycarl

Uh, no. You shoot, he’s got something like an 80% chance of surviving. If your mindset is “shoot to kill” you’ll be dismayed he’s not in the 20% bracket and proceed, on preprogrammed autopilot, to continue shooting until he is. Forensics will figure this out, and the prosecutor will have a good grounds for a murder indictment.


17 posted on 03/23/2013 7:58:16 PM PDT by ctdonath2 (3% of the population perpetrates >50% of homicides...but gun control advocates blame metal boxes.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: House Atreides

Calrla is stupid, plus in a life and death scenario who knows whether he remembers how many round he fired.


18 posted on 03/23/2013 8:00:44 PM PDT by USNBandit (sarcasm engaged at all times)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Mom MD

Another reason to use quality hollow point bullets. You want the entry point to be easily determined.


19 posted on 03/23/2013 8:00:46 PM PDT by ltc8k6
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: JRandomFreeper

Excellent


20 posted on 03/23/2013 8:00:54 PM PDT by jonno (Having an opinion is not the same as having the answer...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-122 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson