Skip to comments.CURL: No go for Joe in 2016 (Opinion)
Posted on 03/24/2013 3:00:10 PM PDT by jazusamo
My mother believed and my father believed that if I wanted to be president of the United States, I could be, I could be vice president!
Vice President Joseph R. Biden, campaigning in Youngstown, Ohio, on May 16, 2012
Yes, that much is true: The plagiarist with the slow-grow hair plugs and the chipmunk fake teeth and the made-up stories about heroics on the football field who quietly won five student draft deferments during the Vietnam War really did become vice president. And this much is clear: He took the gig, after something like 87 years in the Senate, because he knew in his tiny heart of hearts that that was the end of the line.
But no, Ma and Pa Biden were wrong: Their wonder boy Joey, despite his hardscrabble Scranton roots and spectacular work ethic (he did hold an actual job for some 18 months before going on the government dole 43 years ago) will not grow up to be the president of the United States. Hes already tried twice, in 1988 and again in 2008 (the latter after giving voters a full generation to forget why they didnt like him the first time around).
Still, something odd is happening. Despite Jumpin Joes now-forgotten assertions that he has no intention of running for president, everyone has started talking about whether Jumpin Joe will run for president. The chatter started right around the time then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton got sick, fell down, bumped her head and disappeared for six weeks. (You skeptics out there can just stifle: She really did bump her head; didnt you see CNN report that the blood clot that sent her to the hospital was related to a concussion she suffered this month, her spokesman, Philippe Reines, said. Were getting it straight...
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
Just remember 53% of American voters actually voted for the vile Obama. Its not impossible that the grinning dunce Biden could actually be elected. America has embraced decadence.
Sadly, you’re so very right.
“The chatter started right around the time then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton got sick, fell down, bumped her head and disappeared for six weeks.”
Maybe she will fall down again, but a little harder this time,so her odious presence is permanently removed from the American Political Scene.
Please run Joe!!! We have so many clips we could run.
10. “A man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States Barack America!” —Joe Biden, at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama after being announced as his running mate, Springfield, Ill., Aug. 23, 2008 (Watch video clip)
9.”I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” Joe Biden, referring to Barack Obama at the beginning of the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007
8. “A successful dump!” —Joe Biden, explaining his whereabouts (dropping deadwood at the dump) to the reporters outside his home, Wilmington, Del., Aug. 20, 2008
7. “His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she’s- wait- your mom’s still- your mom’s still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul.” —Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010
6. “You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I’m not joking.” —Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006
5. “When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, ‘Look, here’s what happened.” Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn’t president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008 (Watch video clip)
4. “Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me.” —Joe Biden, speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008
3. “Look, John’s last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.” —Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008
2. “Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see ya.” -Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008 (Watch video clip)
1. “This is a big *%#*%@ deal!” —Joe Biden, caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony, Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010
I see a short shootout with Hillary, SlowJoe, and Cuomo with Hillary scoring an early knockout.
We’ve got to get Bloomie to run as an indy and pull off a plurality win.
LOL! Thanks, those are all classics.
I think you’re right about Hillary, she sounds like she can taste it.
She can do two terms and then Malia Obama-Shabazz X will be old enough.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.