Skip to comments.Survey: Many Utah Scouts against lifting gay ban
Posted on 03/25/2013 8:00:10 PM PDT by District13
click here to read article
Say what you will about the LDS Church but this is an indication of the Church's firm commitment to doing what's right.
No need to SAY anything - the church's action speaks for itself.
THIS is quite interesting...
"Now if any of you will deny the plurality of wives, and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned;
and I will go still further and say, take this revelation, or any other revelation that the Lord has given,
and deny it in your feelings, and I promise that you will be damned.
Brigham Young - JoD 3:266 (July 14, 1855)
And Mitt Romney is the Savior of the United States.
I'm pained that you put forth the impression that he was the ONLY one to do so...
Sounds like what happened at a church near me.
The biggest tither got miffed and left, saying "Without MY money you'll go under."
Target Rich Environment comes to mind...
I'll bet you've read MORE than that...
I wonder why it didn't work for Joseph Smith?
What is THAT?
You NEVER hear about it in the media these days...
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
And you also know where the many of the evangelical Protestant Churches will go.
Well... MOST of them are...
Don't mistake being compassionate and loving for being accepting of the behaviors. Homosexual activity that is not repented of results in excommunication or at least being disfellowshipped in the LDS faith. There is no change in doctrine on these behaviors. It is merely calling for Christ like compassion for those who stray which I daresay the Catholic leadership would also agree with and call for. The statement issued by the LDS leadership relates in particular to those trying to combat the behaviors and to live a chaste lifestyle. Living an openly gay lifestyle still is not allowable under LDS tenets. But like Christ would do, the statement is also calling for love for those who engage in sin. It's hate the sin, love the sinner. Christ was not teaching acceptance of adultery when he saved the woman taken in adultery from being stoned. He was teaching compassion for the sinner and realizing we all fall short. That is the pattern the LDS leaders are following in their statement. But make no mistake there has been no change in acceptance for homosexual activity as the website referenced makes clear.
That could be a very good thing. Especially if they invite Catholics, Baptists and other conservative sects to join in the venture.
If that happens, do you think the homos will be satisfied with hijacking the main scouting program? Not on your life! They will then be targeting what these conservative sects have managed to save of it.