Skip to comments.Civilian Disarmament Dispatch from Delaware
Posted on 03/27/2013 2:36:44 AM PDT by marktwain
My name is Jeff Spiegelman [not shown]. I am a representative in Delawares General Assembly. I am a longtime reader of your website. The anti-gun movement (which includes members of the House and Senate, as well as the Governor) is currently attempting to enact safety laws that would make Delaware one of the most gun-draconian states in the region. This package has six parts . . .
1. Assault weapons ban- Unwritten as of 3/25
2. Hi cap mag ban - This bill would prohibit the manufacture, sale, purchase, transfer or delivery of large-capacity magazines, which are defined as ammunition feeding devices with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
3. Gun-free school zones No link as of 3/25. This law would criminalize the possession of a firearm within a school zone.
4. Ban on private sales and mandatory record keeping of all firearm transactions - This bill would require that a criminal history background check be performed in connection with the sale or transfer of all firearms Dealers would be required to maintain records of such background checks in accordance with state and federal law
5. Mandatory reporting of a lost or stolen firearm within 48 hours - This bill would require owners of lost or stolen handguns to report such loss or theft within 48 hours of discovery.
6. Municipalities would have ultimate jurisdiction when it comes to firearms possession - A law that would end state pre-emption, creating the possibility of city ordinances restricting firearms ownership.
I know I represent a small state, but any coverage you could give that would help fight these laws would be greatly appreciated. And, by the way, we are very very VERY sorry about Joe Biden
(I changed my mind. You can leave that in.)
> And, by the way, we are very very VERY sorry about Joe Biden (I changed my mind. You can leave that in.)
I would be too...: )
I called my state rep in DE to oppose HB 35, which is so poorly written that I had to ask if a low IQ was a prerequisite for being a state legislator.
The bill would require any party, except for family, military and LE, transfering a weapon, to do so through a FFL dealer. There is absolutely ZERO chance for this to be enforced, much less to be effective. Criminals buying guns on Fourth St. in Wilmington are certainly not going to go through an FFL dealer, especially at midnight.
The bill calls for first offense Class A misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of between $250 but no more than $1,000. Subsequent offenses are considered Class G felonies, punishable by up to 2 years in prison.
I believe Biden’s son is AG there so no surprise they are pushing this BS too.
At least that's the fantasy world I live in.
The Dupont family, after seeing Nanny Billionaire Bloomberg, is flexing their monetary muscle!
“Liberalism” (ie, Satanism) can only survive and thrive in murkiness and unclarity.
What you propose shines a light on their schemes, forcing a clarity as to whether they are right or not. It will never be allowed.
Just as they pretend that socialism works its only the presence of capitalism that artificially makes it look like a failure, they would argue that it's only the presence of free states supplying "illegal" guns that prevent their total disarmament of their subjects from working. Liberals do not respond to logic or to evidence - it's all about grabbing power and expanding what they have grabbed "by any means necessary".