Skip to comments.Kansas couple: Indoor gardening prompted pot raid
Posted on 03/30/2013 7:44:49 AM PDT by bgill
Two former CIA employees whose Kansas home was fruitlessly searched for marijuana during a two-state drug sweep claim they were illegally targeted, possibly because they had bought indoor growing supplies to raise vegetables.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Had they lived in Colorado or Washington state it would have gone in noticed.
The police were targeting the house for asset forfeiture.
Too bad he didn’t have a dog they could shoot.
Greeneyes, I vote you ring up the gardener ping list too! (I’m alerting the Agenda 21 list.) Other gardeners and freedom lovers need to read this story. It isn’t (IMHO) just another “oops” story. The ptb really DO want to control all the food sources.
If you doubt this, take a peek at the Agenda 21 threads.
If anyone wants to be on or off the Agenda 21 ping list, please notify me by Freepmail. It is a relatively low volume list in which we have been exploring the UN Agenda21 and related topics. We have collected our studies with threads, links, and discussions on the Agenda 21 thread which can be found here:
NEW ACTION THREAD:
Post 128 of the Action Thread is a summary of the history of Agenda 21, what they are doing, what to do about it and a good bibliography for further reading.
Growing vegetables is risky business these days.
It is nice they knocked, and no dogs were injured during their raid.
Growing your own food? Bad
EBT card? Good
No prepping — government dependency only, please.
How quaint. How...pre-Obama...
Hello! You can’t grow you own vegetables, think of the poor farmers./////
Mayor Bloomberg: “Home grown vegetables are not ‘safe’ until WE THE GOVERNMENT put the approval stamp on them”
“Sometimes people need WE THE GOVERNMENT to educate them. It is for your own good.”
It's the 90% of LEOs who give the other 10% a bad name.
They should have shot Wickard, and sent Filburn to Congress.
Then he started setting up houses with legal indoor grow rooms and placing cameras inside. SWAT would come soon after and be surprised with “smile you're on camera” signs. Some of the warrants even supposedly had “confidential informants” saying they testified about pot growing. He basically proved the informants were made up and cops were doing illegal random searches with imaging equipment.
Soon after, he was arrested many times under suspicious circumstances. He was never found guilty but stopped making the videos...
Turns out it's a bogus ATF raid. Okay. No more survivors. And Henry Bowman goes to war.
This has nothing to do with marijuana plants. Two former CIA employees? Girl, please.
You can grow your own food, but only if it receives lavish government subsidy and a significant portion is distilled into alcohol so it can ruin automobile motors under the rubric of ‘clean’ energy.
stealing that for my facebook page.
It doesnt take a rocket scientist (no slight intended given your background) or even a legal scholar to understand that if the judge doesnt have the identity of the confidential witness, then the essential constitutional probable cause might be based on nothing more than neighborhood gossip or a rogue law enforcement agency.
In a sane process, any judge who actually honored the 4th A. would require, under seal, the witness's identity confirmed with drivers license, perhaps finger prints, etc.
Of course, without a bona fide witness, there would be no supporting "testimony", no probable cause and citizens as here would suffer from fewer unreasonable searches (with taxpayers picking up the bill).
If the testimony was bogus (as could be easily proven in cases such as this), it might have been given out of spite or obtained via police coercion and could be subsequently handled accordingly (expose the witness to criminal and civil liability, or clean up the agency).
One scene which sticks in my mind is a child who discovers and uproots tomato plants in one of those grizzly labor camps because such activity isn't officially sanctioned by the masters. The child, or course, receives an outpouring of praise for his discovery.