Skip to comments.White House Easter Egg Roll sustained by corporate donors, sales of souvenirs [Media Helps Clown]
Posted on 04/01/2013 6:20:51 AM PDT by SoFloFreeper
In a time of severe budget constraints, two factors explain why the White House can afford to welcome more than 30,000 people Monday for the 135th annual Easter Egg Roll: corporate sponsors and souvenir eggs.
Nearly a century ago, Congress empowered the National Park Service, which oversees the Easter Egg Roll, to accept private donations for its operations.
So when her twin boys came home from kindergarten and told her the Easter Egg Roll might be canceled, Victoria Knight-McDowell, owner and chief executive of Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops, wrote a check for $25,000 to make sure that would not happen...
And the reason the Easter Egg Roll can be held but White House tours are still canceled?The Secret Service cannot accept outside financing. As a result of the mandatory budget cuts known as sequestration,it does not have the funds to perform background checks.
(Excerpt) Read more at m.washingtonpost.com ...
EASTER was yesterday, Obama is “celebrating” Easter on April Fool’s Day. “Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings”.
What a stupid story. If this “reporter” really wanted to do a story on this, she could have easily found the White House budget and shown that nothing needed to be canceled due to the sequester and that Obama did this deliberately. But that would be too much to expect from the Palace Guard at the Washington Post.
If I recall, Donald Trump or someone OFFERED to give the money to keep the White House tours open. The Pravda Media covers for their Commie ‘Rat Bastard Boy King.
How about we Americans grab Obama, spray paint his head with rainbow colors, and roll his ignorant a$$ down a hill.
The cost of the Secret Service detail for his golf outing this weekend would have paid for the White Tours for the next 3 years.
Louie Gohmert reported that the Secret Service agents were just reassigned to other duties and not a penny was cut.
While the Obama kiddies vacation on taxpayer dollars in who knows how many resort areas.
Or she could have flown to Sun Valley, Idaho to interview the Obama girls, Malaria and Sasquatch Jr., while on the second half of their Spring Break vacation.
She could ask them what they think of the draconian Sequestration budget cuts and how it is affecting them.
EASTER EGG HUNT CANCELLED AT LAST MINUTE
They just discovered that Michelle snuck out to the White House lawn last night and ate all the eggs.
Conservative Republicans need to create the equivalent of the Contract with America, but not for congress. For the Republican presidential candidates. Either they sign on to it, or they don’t. In either case, it speaks volumes about their credibility, and how they imagine what the office of the president is, in our government.
Though there is an enormous number of things the president can ask congress to do to improve America, that they can agree to or not, truthfully it is more important that he changes the office of the president back to its original intent. Something he *can* do on his own.
Here is a tentative list.
1) Refuse to make any “Presidential Signing Statements” during his term of office. And ask congress to prohibit them as blatantly unconstitutional. In past these have been used to usurp the power of both congress and the judiciary, and are the closest thing to a constitutional crisis.
2) Refuse to appoint any “Czars”. Insist that either the senate approve candidates for appointive office, or that if there is an impasse, that office will not be filled. Ask that congress then prohibit the appointment of “Czars” in the future.
3) Discontinue the State of the Union dog-and-pony-show speech, that can waste a billion dollars and a month of the Executive Branch’s work. Instead return to the tradition of sending the State of the Union in writing to congress.
4) Require that all cabinet officers must be available to the House and Senate committees most responsible for their operations, for one day each month, on alternating months, one for the House, and the next month for the Senate, unless either of these committees vote the need for an emergency hearing, with the approval of the president. Thus the president will no longer provide a consolidated budget request, but each cabinet officer will provide their own department’s request. (Thus killing the stupid “dead on arrival” presidential budgets.)
5) Discontinue the issuance of “Presidential Proclamations” that nationalize state lands, and ask congress to restore most of the national land takings to the individual states. For example, the presidents have taken 84.5% of the land of Nevada, and about half the land of the states of Idaho, Oregon, Wyoming, California, Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico. It needs to be returned, excepting Indian and military reservations, and a few “crown jewels” the home state cannot afford to maintain.
6) Restore and honor both the War Powers Act and the Posse Comitatus Act, and ask congress to do so in writing. This may mean the abolition of much of the Department of Homeland Security and USNORTHCOM.
7) By Executive order, strip all non-police and non-military agencies of the government of all their weapons and the authorization for them to have tactical operations teams. All their weapons and gear will be given to the FBI.
8) Consolidate the 100+ federal police agencies into about 20-25.
9) Write clear rules about what is protected by Executive Privilege, and the timely provision of information to congress, then ask congress to codify them.
10) The revocation of outdated and frivolous Executive Orders made by former presidents.