Skip to comments.Baker relieved of duties as Task Force-Horn of Africa commander
Posted on 04/04/2013 10:16:45 PM PDT by Jet Jaguar
The commander of the Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa has been fired for misconduct.
Army Maj. Gen. Ralph Baker was relieved of his duties on March 28, according to U.S. Africa Command spokesman Benjamin Benson.
Gen. Carter Ham, AFRICOM commander, lost confidence in Baker's ability to lead, but the command isn't releasing any further details at this time because the alleged misconduct is being appealed, Benson said.
"The allegations remain under adjudication, so it would be inappropriate to comment at this time," he said.
Baker assumed command less than a year ago last May.
This incident follows on the heels of the former AFRICOM commander, Gen. William "Kip" Ward, getting stripped of a star in November after accusations that he spent thousands of government dollars on personal, luxury travel while in charge of the relatively new command. He was allowed to retire as a three-star, but he had to reimburse the Army $82,000.
i bet he won’t fire on americans.
And the Candle Stick Maker and the Butcher????
Congree commissioned these officers. When are the Republican Senators and Congressmen going to investigate this unprecedented firing of the Officer corps?
I suspect you are exactly correct, Secret. Failed a “loyalty” oath.
General Carter Ham relieved him of duty. BUT Gen Ham was relieved of duty himself last year. I’m getting confused.
Probably he failed to take the IslamischeFuhrer’s Blood Oath.
Would he have been in charge of the In Extremis force that should have been sent into Benghazi?
Ham was not relieved of duty. You are thinking of his predecessor William "Kip" Ward
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.