A sad situation. I’m sorry for the family and pray for them.
sad. Praying for the Warren Family.
Prayers for Rick and Kay. What an awful thing.
Yes, I am a heartless Mofo.
But I want to know why such a thing happened.
Rick had fallen away from the strict interpretation of the Word (or so I hear).
Wonder what the son's suicide was all about?
Speaking of life-changing events, this is one that can really strike home.
They said he struggled with mental illness and depression. That is often enough. Having gone to a funeral for someone who killed himself just yesterday, I feel for his family. I can’t imagine anyone saying anything cruel under these tragic circumstances, no matter how you feel about Rick Warren.
Did he play football and have a concussion?
Sad thing. Prayers to them.
On a side note, as a gun owner and member of the NRA I just know this will end up being my fault somehow.
My heart breaks for the family
MY SIL’s family has attended this congregation.
Depression is messed up brain chemistry. The kid, his family—nobody would wish it upon anybody else.
People commit suicide from this condition. Medicine can treat, but cannot cure it.
My sister has sufferd from depression all her adult life. She does not drink, use drugs ever, at all.
When they get the prescription right, she is okay most of the time. But from time to time, the condition goes into a phase which must just be endured, waited out.
It is times like that when they cannot take it any longer, and off themselves. (NO, I don’t “approve” but I accept)
It has nothing to do with satan, or that ignorant line of nonsense.
- His faith in Jesus wasn't strong enough and he didn't pray often enough.
- He was taking SSRIs, the tools of Satan, and it's a miracle he didn't kill his entire family.
- He was taking SNRIs, a scheme of Big Pharma to kill us all and take all our money.
- His family and friends should have seen the signs, and thus prevented it. They must not care about him.
- His family should have committed him to a mental hospital, and if that didn't help, put him in a straight-jacket and lock him in the basement.
- He wasn't loved as a child.
- He was loved too much as a child and was probably sick of being smothered.
- He was probably a liberal and wanted to help the gun-control freaks.
- I heard he was a freakin' fag. No wonder he offed himself. Good riddance.
- Oh, dear. Bless his heart. Well, I'll pray for his family but it's too late for him because he's burning in a lake of fire and brimstone.
- He wasn't sanctified, poor man, or else he would have been healed.
- His father strayed away from God, so this was his father's punishment.
What did I leave out?
Purpose driven projectile. Tragic.
May he RIP and may his family be consoled by their Christian beliefs.
Had a close relative who committed suicide. VERY difficult times for us as people were so judgmental of us as a family. The cause of death was bad enough.....but the community that shunned us REALLY left not only a scar....but a ditch from their heartless comments and some who didn’t show up to the funeral. We really found out who our “friends” were. And there weren’t many. Even friends I had all the way from childhood.
Prayers up for them. Not a huge fan of Warren, but this has to have him and his family absolutely gutted and heartbroken. I can’t even imagine losing a child this way.
I don’t believe in his kind of religion but I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. It’s not natural for a parent to bury a child.
“making the book the bestselling hardback non-fiction book of all time”
What? The Bible is the best selling non-fiction book of all time.
Very sad. I have been suicidal more than once, as has a close relative and several friends (and some succeeded). It is a tragedy all around.
maybe it was a purpose-driven death?
Prayers up for the family.