Skip to comments.Everything You Need to Know So Far About the Gosnell Trial
Posted on 04/14/2013 4:05:10 AM PDT by Kaslin
I thought this day would never come. The MSM can no longer pretend they didnt hear about the trial of Dr. Kermit Gosnell (ABC News Terry Moran even tweeted last night that the murderer in question is probably the most successful serial killer in the history of the world). But still too many networks have failed to report on the details of the case.
That being said, the indispensable pro-life website Life News has compiled a list of the ten most horrific revelations to emerge from the trial -- many of which have gone unreported.
Warning: The eye-witness testimony below is nauseatingly graphic and deeply upsetting:
1) A young woman who worked at Kermit Gosnells abortion clinic as a teenager testified that she saw a babys chest move even after the gruesome snipping procedure Gosnell used to end the babys life. The chest was moving, she testified. The baby was so large that another worker even took a cellphone picture of it. Prosecution experts, based on the picture, say the baby was well past 24 weeks, the legal limit for abortion in Pennsylvania.
2) Another former employee described how she heard a baby scream during a live-birth abortion. I cant describe it. It sounded like a little alien, he testified, telling a judge and Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas jury that the body of the child was about 18 to 24 inches long and was one of the largest babies she had seen delivered during abortion procedures at Gosnells clinic.
3) Stephen Massof, who does not have a medical license, described how he jabbed medical scissors into the backs of babies necks to kill them. He assisted Gosnell in snipping the spinal cords of babies, calling it, literally a beheading. It is separating the brain from the body.
4) According to a news report, Massof told the jury that women were often given drugs to speed up delivery of the baby so the abortion/infanticide could take place: He testified that at times, when women were given medicine to speed up their deliveries, it would rain fetuses. Fetuses and blood all over the place.
5) One day after a former employee described how she heard a baby scream during a live-birth abortion, another worker at the Kermit Gosnell House of Horrors abortion clinic testified that she saw a baby jump when she snipped her neck in an abortion. It jumped, the arm, she said, showing the jury by raising her arm.
6) Another Gosnell clinic worker testified that she took photos of one particularly large baby, referred to by prosecutors as Baby A, with her cell phone that was estimated to be about 30-weeks gestation. Baby A had been delivered alive into a toilet where she cut the babys throat.
7) Baby A was described as being so large that his feet and arms hung out over the sides of the shoebox they put him in. Gosnell actually joked about the babys size saying, This baby is big enough to walk around with me or walk me to the bus stop.
8) Prosecutors have cited the dozens of jars of severed baby feet as an example of Gosnells idiosyncratic and illegal practice of providing abortions for cash to poor women pregnant longer than the 24-week cutoff for legal abortions in Pennsylvania. In her opening statement to the Common Pleas Court jury, Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore mused that the jars of feet were some kind of bizarre trophy Gosnell kept.
9) Gosnells sister-in-law testified that it was it was part of her cleaning duties to dispose of the large bottle on the suction machine that would fill with blood and fetal remains. She would pour the blood and baby parts into the sink and grind them up using the garbage disposal.
10) It was revealed that on the night patient Karnamaya Mongar died the emergency exit was found to be locked and down a hallway crammed full of broken office furniture and other debris. Workers could not find the key as emergency personnel sought a way to get their Code Blue patient out of the facility and into an ambulance.
We are a nation of laws and Gosnell is innocent until proven guilty. But after reading the testimony of so many of those who worked in the clinic, its probably safe to conclude hes going to prison for a very long time -- or worse.
Exit question via Patheos: Why was this House of Death not inspected for 17 years? Indeed, how could this barbarism possibly have gone on for so long? The answer Im afraid is all too predictable.
Correction: The author initially didn't include points nine and ten by mistake. The article has since been updated.
If you see posts of interest to Pennsylvanians, please ping me.
Actually this should not just be of interest to Pennsylvanians.
The libs’ main objection to this creature appears to br his lack of sanitation.
Adolph Hitler and Margaret Sanger send their best regards to Gosnell from their eternal vacation haven at Fire Lake Resort.
There are 55 MILLION DEAD BABIES!!! A HOLOCAUST of BIBLICAL proportions....and the LEFT want MORE and MORE DEAD BABIES!
Not true. This applies only in front of a jury.
He is, in fact, guilty as far as the prosecutor is concerned.
As far as the rest of us are concerned, there is no law that requires us to pretend he is innocent.
The shed blood of Jesus finished on the cross is rejected by leftists however their holy sacrament of innocent baby blood is their never ending ghoulish ritual. The final day of Judgement will not end well for the unrepentant evil.
Thank you for posting the grand jury report. In my humble opinion, it should be featured in a place of prominence at FR. I’ve been following this trial & have found that a lot of the grand jury’s findings have been suppressed or withheld. I think all FReepers should read this to truly get a feel for what is happening both in the abortion industry & on the pro-abortion political side of things.
I’m a Pennsylvanian & I’m outraged. The level of corruption, payoffs, and political back-scratching that allowed this monster to keep his clinic open trump the Jerry Sandusky enablers at Penn State. My only consolation is that these people will someday be tried in a Higher Court.
The moral/cultural divide is completely exposed in this non-story. The Right sees dead babies...the MSM/Left sees nothing but a local sanitation issue.
The Left has descended to a new depth of loathsomeness.
Do we judge the value of a human life by the size of the shoe box in which it is disposed?
All abortionists are as evil as Gosnell. Most are just a little more discreet. None of them have a conscience. They are all psychopaths.
Of course if he had snipped their little spines just before they emerged from the birth canal these would have been perfectly legal abortions.
You’re right. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be getting much of an airing elsewhere.
Not a bad question to ask Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the pro-infanticide gang as well.
Or would that be asking too much of our intrepid reporters?
Thank you for posting this link. I have for the past hour read what I feel is a total breakdown in the DOH and the DOS in Philadelphia. They are truly responsible in so many ways.
I say this with absolute conviction, only a liberal would kill a baby born alive. I dont know how any of these people can sleep at night. Words cannot describe the horror I feel with the facts of this case.
Gosnell’s practice of keeping babies’ body parts reminds me of similar hobbies practiced by concedntration camp guards and officials at Nazi concentration camps.
After all, he's an expert on the subject. As state senator he voted not once but several times that there should be no protection for babies born in spite of a botched abortion.
It just went out to MY e-mail list!
The local Liberal rag, the Indianapolis Star, has printed some stories and some online:
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.