Skip to comments.Napolitano: DHS knew of Boston bomber Russia trip
Posted on 04/23/2013 9:17:45 AM PDT by Bulwinkle
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Tuesday that her agency knew of alleged Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev's trip to Russia last year even though his name was misspelled on a travel document. A key lawmaker had said that the misspelling caused the FBI to miss the trip....
(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...
...who just happened to be appointed by Bush.
Impeach the incompetent socialist bitch!!
Mueller is going under the bus...and he will go willingly. Our FBI and Homeland Security is crawling with Islamists and the Muslim Brotherhood. If they really cared, they would go back looking at who at the FBI and/or DHS signed off on these men at every step of the process.
That slaps Lindsey Graham in the face, as he seemed to be trying to provide as much cover as he could for the FBI. In fact, he was the first one I heard to use the misspelling excuse.
No..Mueller was held over by Bush. He was a Clinton appointee. Bush made a big mistake in not clearing out the CIA,DOJ of the Clintonistas.
Janet’s reply will be “not worth the effort to provide an answer” or something like that.
What does she mean the ‘Alert on him expired’? Dropped off automatically by the system after 6 months??
OK you terrorists, if you go out of the country, stay a bit longer, the system will drop you off their watch list..wtf
I’m sorry to hear that because Lindsey was b-slapping the administration pretty hard on Fox News this morning. Hopefully he realizes now that a misspelling is a ridiculous excuse.
graham has been slapped in the face with the reality of the left many times in his career and still he goes back for more abuse. Useful idiot.
There are very good people in the FBI and CIA, They work hard and they refer things up the chain and then it gets to the people you are speaking of in your post. I am asking them to make a taugh choice and come clean. Can you imagine if 100 agents resigned in one big event? Or just the guys involved in this investigation. The Lib’s do this. Then they go off and work in various NGO’s. We need our own NGO’s for these guys and gals.
The administration is coming unglued. They know it is all fixing to get very hot for them. These flimsy excuses will only work on the weak minded..which are their supporters in the media and the liberal enclaves of this country.
I agree that there are decent good people at the FBI but unfortunately this administration has them looking under every rock for the bible/gun toting tea party people. It would be a glorious site if a whole bunch of them walked out and blew the whistle!!
In other words, they knew he was up to something and let it happen.
A reminder and Excellant link to see how this adminsistration is in bed with the enemy...
The ideological continuity and internal discipline manifested by the Brotherhood’s ability to maintain and replicate its “SETTLEMENT PROCESS” across the world, and a span of more than eight decades, is remarkable. THIS IS A FORMIIDABLE ENEMY. - Clare M. Lopez- 5-15-2013
(Clare M. Lopez, a strategic policy and intelligence expert, is a senior fellow at the Center for Security Policy and the Clarion Fund. She was formerly a career operations officer with the Central Intelligence Agency.)
-It is worthwhile to quote from Poole’s articles just some of the tactics outlined in ....”The Project:”
* Networking and coordinating actions between likeminded Islamist organizations.
* Avoiding open alliances with known terrorist organizations and individuals to maintain the appearance of “moderation”.
* Infiltrating and taking over existing Muslim organizations to realign them towards the Muslim Brotherhood’s collective goals.
* Using deception to mask the intended goals of Islamist actions, as long as it doesn’t conflict with shari’a law.
* Establishing financial networks to fund the work of conversion of the West, including the support of full-time administrators and workers.
* Putting into place a watchdog system for monitoring Western media to warn Muslims of “international plots fomented against them”.
* Cultivating an Islamist intellectual community, including the establishment of think-tanks and advocacy groups, and publishing “academic” studies, to legitimize Islamist positions and to chronicle the history of Islamist movements.
* Building extensive social networks of schools, hospitals and charitable organizations dedicated to Islamist ideals so that contact with the movement for Muslims in the West is constant.
* Involving ideologically committed Muslims in democratically-elected institutions on all levels in the West, including government, NGOs, private organizations and labor unions.
* Instrumentally using existing Western institutions until they can be converted and put into service of Islam.
* Instituting alliances with Western “progressive” organizations that share similar goals.
* Inflaming violence and keeping Muslims living in the West “in a jihad frame of mind”.
* Supporting jihad movements across the Muslim world through preaching, propaganda, personnel, funding, and technical and operational support.
* Instigating a constant campaign to incite hatred by Muslims against Jews and rejecting any discussions of conciliation or coexistence with them.
That information dominance has contributed to startling consequences, most evident in the U.S. policy towards the al-Qa’eda and Muslim Brotherhood-dominated revolutions that many call the “Arab Spring,” but which in fact are more accurately termed an “Islamic Awakening.”
Under the Muslim Brotherhood-influenced ‘Obama administration’, U.S. policy has undergone such a drastic shift in the direction of outright support for these jihadist movements from al-Qa’eda militias in Libya, to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and both al-Qa’eda and Muslim Brotherhood-linked rebels in Syria that it is scarcely recognizable as American any more.
The infiltration of individuals such as Magid, Hussain, and Abedin, to name just a few, with such close Muslim Brotherhood identifications, to positions of influence at the highest levels of U.S. policymaking must be considered, at a minimum, a contributing factor.
oops think I got the date wrong....
Big Sis up in hearing on Capitol Hill in an hour if you are interested:
Hope someone will nail her arrogant backside to the wall.
that would be April 15, 2013
Billions spent on homeland security since 9-11 and this still happens? The government did not do a sufficient job digging into who this guy was after the Russians tipped them off. The tip from the Russians should have been sufficient to have him permanently tagged. The trip to Russia should have been sufficient to justify a further review once he returned to the US. Even a cursory look at this guy’s online activities would have given the feds a sufficient basis to confirm his radicalism and to seek permission for more detailed surveillance, including a possible warrant for a wiretap.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.