Skip to comments.Kazakhstan: Two students held after Tsarnaev arrest may have known suspects
Posted on 04/23/2013 10:15:13 AM PDT by SeekAndFind
Lost in the shuffle over the last few days has been the story of the two students re-arrested in New Bedford after the capture of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on Friday. Originally detained in their apartment in the hunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspect, the FBI and DHS left shortly after Tsarnaev’s capture. They returned a few hours later, however, this time to arrest two men as a consular vehicle from a then-undisclosed nation picked up two women at the same time.
Late yesterday, the FBI and DHS announced that the two Kazakhs had been arrested for visa violations, but that update came only after thoroughly searching their apartment wearing hazmat suits:
Two foreign students arrested Saturday in New Bedford for allegedly violating their student visas are from Kazakhstan and may have known the brothers accused of bombing the Boston Marathon, according to a statement from the nations Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
FBI and Homeland Security agents wearing hazmat suits descended on the students neighborhood on Monday and searched their apartment, according to media reports in New Bedford.
Kazakhstans foreign ministry said US immigration officials discovered the students while investigating the Tsarnaev brothers possible links and contacts, particularly those who studied with them. The students two men — are being held in Boston, according to the ministry and a US official.
During the investigation, it was revealed that two students from Kazakhstan had violated the U.S. visa regime in the course of their studies. They were consequently arrested until the full clarification of the circumstances is achieved, the ministry said in a statement.
ABC 6 in Rhode Island also picked up on the statement from Kazakhstan last night:
Two foreign nationals arrested Saturday on immigration violations are from Kazakhstan and may have known the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, according to a statement released Monday by the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The foreign ministry said U.S. authorities came across the students while searching for “possible links and contacts” to bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAR’ tsahr-NEYE’-ehv). The University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth student was charged Monday in the attack.
If you’re wondering about the hazmat suits, consider what the FBI found when searching Dzhokhar’s dorm room. Allahpundit mentioned it last night, but it’s worth including here for a little context:
FBI agents found a “large pyrotechnic” in Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s dorm room at UMass Dartmouth Sunday, according to the federal court records made public Monday.
Tsarnaev, 19, is charged with using a weapon of mass destruction at the April 15 marathon, killing three and wounding 180, records show.
Investigators found the device along with a white hat and black jacket fitting “the same general appearance” of clothes that a man identified as Tsarnaev was seen wearing in security camera footage from the day of the bombings. Agents also found BBs in the room, the court complaint said. …
The news of the items in Tsarnaev’s dorm room added to the already tense atmosphere on campus Monday as students returned to class for the first time since Friday’s chaotic evacuation. Officials closed the school after discovering Tsarnaev was enrolled there. National media outlets have been swarming the university since.
“It wasn’t scary until I heard that,” Pine Dale resident Derek Juozaitis, of Worcester, referring to the items found in the dorm room. “He took all of our lives into jeopardy,” said Juozaitis, reached by phone Monday night.
Other students called the news “surreal,” expressing shock that Tsarnaev possibly stored explosive components only feet from where they live.
This may well be a lead that goes nowhere, but it’s still a related arrest in the case. The media seems disinterested in this thread except for local news outlets and the Boston Globe, whose comprehensive coverage has been both understandable and admirable. The fact that the Kazakhstan government offered that statement is rather intriguing, too. These men were probably hanging with the wrong crowd at the wrong place and the wrong time, but we will keep an eye on this thread for any further developments.
And where’s Al-Harbi? His VISA required him to be in Ohio, yet he was in Boston.. Hmmmm..
Because of the large student population..Boston and the surrounding cities are full of immigrants who have overstayed their visa’s. People from countries where getting a tourist visa or student visa has not been to hard. They come and stay and live in the parallel economy.
Our son was there for over 10 years getting his degrees and we spent time with him there and know his friends from the period. We didn’t like Boston. Even in the last 10 years it has changed markedly with even more immigrants. The housing conditions are terrible..the students and immigrants will live anywhere and cities turn a blind eye to code violations and tenants rights.
We are glad that he moved on to a good job and good housing elsewhere.
Maybe soon the LIB morons will hold that it is “unfair” to question whether or not someone is following their visa restrictions. At least, they will say, it is “mean-spirited”.
Where were they building these things — in his dorm room???
And where were they getting the money for their enterprise???
Yo, Ed, you’re three days late on this “news” story.
They may or may not have been sympathetic to the Borat brothers, but their expired visa status probably kept them from coming forward right away.
"And where's Al-Harbi? His VISA required him to be in Ohio, yet he was in Boston. Hmmmmm."
Consider this possibility:
IS THE "SAUDI STUDENT" REALLY HAMZA BIN LADEN (SON OF OSAMA BIN LADEN)see image comparisons at link (Infidel Bloggers Alliance)The Saudi Student, Abdul Rahman Ali al-Harbi, questioned and eventually set for deportation by our government, really Hamza Bin Laden? Is he the son of Osama Bin Laden? Is our government participating in a coverup of Saudi complicity in the Boston Marathon bombing? Is our government trying to hide the fact that the attack was international Jihad, organized by Al Qaeda?
Lemme guess, we'll find his name on the We Support Dzhokhar petition?
If my understanding of the many storied reported in the British press is accurate:
1. The father had fled from Russia to Kzahkstan because he was being persecuted for “something he did” in Russia. (The wife apparent told that to an America whose hair she dressed but she did not specify what her husband had done in Russia. Could he have participated in Chechen terrorist activities?
2. The mother and father claim to have been attorneys in Russia. Yet the father—who apparently speaks acceptable Engllish—had one of his teenage daughters write and submit the request for political asylum. (Why didn’t he write the request? Do we know who signed and submitted the request? Was the request submitted to the US Embassy in Kazakhstan? Who approved the request for asylum?)
3. The father—apparently the one who was granted asylum and who brought his wife and children to the United States about ten years ago—divorced his wife and went back to Russia where he has lived for several years with no apparent persecution by the Russian government. (Should his returning to Russia have resulted in the end of the green card status for him and his family members? After all, there was no longer a need for “political asylum”.)
4. Tamerlan went to Russia even though he was on the “no fly” list. The FBI claims someone misspelled his name. Big Sis Napolitano claimes DHS knew Tamerlan went to Russia at the time. (Tamerlan apparently had a Kazakh passport. Did he use that passport or did he us another (perhaps fraudulent) passort?)
5. What did Tamerlan do while in Russia? (Both Chechnia and Dagastan are overrun by Chechen (and other ethnic) Muslim terrorists.)
6. Dzohkar enrolled at UMass Dartmouth to study marine biology. He enrolled in five courses and failed all five courses. (Did he fail those courses because he did not both to attend those courses? In short, what was he doing from September through December 2012 other than becoming a U.S. citizen on September 11, 2012?)
7. The two Tsarnaev brothers set bombs at the finish line of the Boston Marathon and near that finish line. One of the bombs was placed in front of the Lord & Taylor department store. Their mother was fired from her job at the Lord & Taylor store in Natick for stealing clothing. (Is that a coincidence or is the entire family involved in the evil actions of the brothers? More on that later.)
8. Tamerlan created a photo essay on himself in which he pulls up to a gym in a Mercedes SUV and then chats on his cell phone. (Where did a guy who appears never to have held a steady job get the money for a Mercedes SUV? Did he get the money from other terrorists? Did his wife’s family in Rhode Island supply the money for that vehicle?)
9. Katherine Russell, the widow of Tamerlan, lived with the two brothers in Cambridge. (That begs several questions. Why was Dzokhar living there if he was attending college at UMass Dartmouth. It’s a long drive from Cambridge to New Bedford. Did she wonder why the two brothers had all those pressure cookers and all that gun powder and all that ammunition in the apartment? Did she see them assembling any of those bombs? If not, how did all of those bombs and ammunition happen to be in the 410 Norfolk Street apartment where she and they lived without her seeing them? Was the Mercedes SUV registered to her?)
10. Who purchased the firearms? Tamerlan being a foreign national could not legally purchase a firearm. (Was Dzokhar’s purpose in becoming a US citizen to be able to purchase firearms? Where did he purchase them? It is exceedingly difficult for a US citizen to purchase and to possess a firearm in Massachusetts. It’s pretty easy to purchase firearms in New Hampshire which is just up US Route 3 from Cambridge.)
11. Did Katherine Russell’s parents provide financial support to Katherine and Tamerlan. (Katherine apparently worked as a home health care aid. Tamerlan apparently did not work. Where did the brothers Tsarnaev get their funding? What did Katherine Russell’s parents really know about Tamerlan and Dzokhar?)
12. Did either of the brothers Tsarnaev visit Islamburg, New York where Mohammedans provide weapons training to other Mohammedans.
13. Tamerlan exhausted his ammunition and had been taken down by the police and was being handcuffed. Dzokhar drove the stolen SUV directly at the police who jumped out of the way. Tamerlan diliberately ran over his brother and dragged him for several hundred yards. (Was this a way of silencing Tamerlan to prevent him from being interrogated as to his associates?)
14. Dzokhar “attempted to commit suicide” by shooting himself in the throat. The short was from the side. (Was he attempting to silence himself?)
There are simply too many loose ends here.
Did I miss the name of the country who sent a consular vehicle to pick up the two women? I looked several times, but all I saw was “then undisclosed”. So I assume it must be disclosed now? Anyone know?
yes, and what do we know for sure? Too much disinformation being deliberately thrown to us... if it’s a case of the lawless liars trying to police other lawless liars... the truth will be harder to discern... American is lying to itself... I suggest we keep looking for the Truth... Islam is not moribund, its purpose is to kill all those who do not follow their beliefs... keep a clear mind on this and we “infidels” must never let our guard down...