Skip to comments.Bush, like past presidents, faces scrutiny over his library’s version of history
Posted on 04/24/2013 11:35:37 AM PDT by EveningStar
DALLASAs former President George W. Bush prepares to officially open his presidential library on Thursday, a question arises as it has for his predecessors: How objective will it be about his time in the White House?
Bush left office five years ago as one of the most unpopular presidents in history, his poll numbers weighed down by public discontent over his handling of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and worries about the economy.
But the former president wanted to take the controversies about his presidency head-on, say several former aides who worked closely with him on the library.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Unpopular to losers. His policies were askew and slanted toward globalists, but he was light years ahead of the POS we have now.
Funny how these stories criticizing presidents, which allegedly are “applicable to all presidents,” only seem to be published for Republican presidents. I don’t remember a prominent MSM story about how Clinton was twisting history when his library opened.
Don’t recall that kind of headline for The Sink Emporer’s Library....
This turd reporter, Holly, put out an article yesterday about how Crawford, TX is suffering terrible economic problems because the Bush Western White House is not there any more. Stores closed etc. are all BUSH’s fault...what a twit she is...
By fishtank...updated Dec. 6, 2006
Here’s what a “conservative” is supposed to be?
* Doing his very best to destroy American sovereignty by melding America into Mexico into Canada???
* George W. Bush (43): “I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul.
I knew that President Putin was a man with whom I could work.”
* Allowed his wife to call a homosexual partner’s mom the “mother-in-law” ???
* Allowed the new Iraqi constitution to have a clause where no law would contradict Islam.
* Wanted to sell US port operations to Dubai - a nation that supports terror.
* Advocates a completely open border - to the detriment of national security.
* Calls the Minutemen “vigilantes”.
* Continually calls Islam a “religion of peace”.
* Pursues “free trade”, not fair trade. “Free trade” has not been very fair, so far.
* Supported Specter over Toomey.
* Told Hush to host Specter with softballs, and then Hush carries the water.
* Continually supported Linc Chaffee, and what did it win in the long run?
* Let Ted Kennedy write the education bill.
* Did nothing to rein in pork barrel government spending.
* In an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Charles Gibson, Bush said he believes that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God. “I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty,” Bush said.
* Bosh said he would do the TARP all over AGAIN!!! I guess he has no problem using communism to try to rescue the free market... (Nov. 12, 2010).
I’m listing the actions of the PRESIDENT (Bush), FYI.
I can’t wait to see Obama’s version of history...
And besides the liberal scribes were too busy writing Bush’s history before it was history.
I'm sure you'll enjoy a tour of the Baraq Hussein Obama Presidential Library and Choom Gang Museum. Maybe hit all three branches, Honolulu, LA, and Chicago.
“* Allowed his wife to call a homosexual partners mom the mother-in-law ???”
Hey, Mohammad, welcome to the XXIst Century!
Oh, look - squirrel!
The Nixon Library has an extensive collection just about Watergate. While I never cared that much for him as a President, I enjoyed my visit. The media may say his library was not balanced because his dead, bloody body isn’t on some morbid display for them to whip, but I say it is balanced.
There is plenty about the proud and not-so-proud things.
I would take Bush’s version of history over any of the so called educators, historians and politicians we hear now.
Bush left office five years ago as one of the most unpopular presidents in history, his poll numbers weighed down by
public discontent over his handling of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and worries about the economy state run media's reporting of events.
If the SRM thinks the economy was bad under W, they should be outraged by the economy under zero. Just let the printing presses print more money to make the dollar worth less than the paper it is printed on and prices going through the roof.